Well done Essex police

goldeneve frise

Just like to say thank you to Essex police firearms Dept for giving me a less restrictive licence, giving me humane dispatch and upping my ammo hold and store, all in a total of half an hour from request to certificate back in my hand all while I waited.
If carlsberg did firearms Dept this would have been one of them

They have always been very good to me as well, variations usually a couple of days.
We'll see if this has changed as I feel like a new rifle and have a spare slot, held at the moment by a rimfire mad I have never filled.

Neil. :)

Not been in Essex long [6 months] sent off my licence last thursday as i had purchased a new shot gun , got it all back by this wednesday . Very impressed with Essex Police so Far .

Brian

They have always been very good to me as well, variations usually a couple of days.
We'll see if this has changed as I feel like a new rifle and have a spare slot, held at the moment by a rimfire mad I have never filled.

How were they with restrictions on a 6ppc though.

Last edited:
How were they with restrictions on a 6ppc though.

Go to the trouble of getting a proof house report on your ammo in your rifle being deer legal, no problem they said.
Personally I think that is a step to far, and as at the time they won't give vermin for any 6mm not worth the arguing.
But we will find out more at renewal as I was told that the new home office guidance when it comes in will allow lesser
species once good reason is made for any calibre.
Although that said, I thought it already did say that ?

Go to the trouble of getting a proof house report on your ammo in your rifle being deer legal, no problem they said.
Personally I think that is a step to far, and as at the time they won't give vermin for any 6mm not worth the arguing.
But we will find out more at renewal as I was told that the new home office guidance when it comes in will allow lesser
species once good reason is made for any calibre.
Although that said, I thought it already did say that ?

I am with Essex , all of my stalking rifles - 6.5x55 ,.308 , 25/06 and .243 all have fox as well as deer , the 'good reason' being a chance encounter with a fox whilst out stalking , that said ,on my last renewal i am sure i put down my .243 as my main foxing rifle (i have a .223 as well - mainly for target though it is conditioned for fox / munty)
Regards
Steve

well done goldeneve, I have a variation in at the moment. So far its only been in for a week

Back