Thread: USPS rate rise

Angry USPS rate rise

Unable to get a Dillon reloaded powder funnel for .308 in the UK in less than 8-10 weeks, I have just ordered the item from a US gun shop. Given the item is about the size of a thick pen lid I was disappointed to be quoted 16 dollars postage. However needs must and I committed. Imagine my surprise when an invoice for 43.41 was charged given the item cost 15.95 dollars. In response I was told USPS put up their rates on the 28th.
    Has anyone else experienced this or has someone taken advantage of me because of our limited supply chain in the UK? US buyers beware.

SD Regular
    Hmm! USPS have an online presence and, I know these Dillon funnels, the item would fit in a small "flat rate" box...cost NOw $23.95

http://ircalc.usps.com/MailServices....&p=0&o=1&mt=13

and the same $23.95 for the flat rate padded envelope

So $ 23.95 + $ 15.95 = $ 39.90 so you've been charged $ 4.00 over and above.

Not the "rip off" that I, too, initially thought. These "flat rate" boxes only used to be about $ 16.00 as you correctly say. That is a BIG increase!

I am fortunate that as I work in Paris I can get Dillon stuff from Armurerie de la Bourse there. But it works out about what the US Dollar price is equates to the same figure in UK Pounds even so.

Quote Originally Posted by enfieldspares View Post
    Hmm! USPS have an online presence and, I know these Dillon funnels, the item would fit in a small "flat rate" box...cost NOw $23.95

and the same $23.95 for the flat rate padded envelope

So $ 23.95 + $ 15.95 = $ 39.90 so you've been charged $ 4.00 over and above.

Not the "rip off" that I, too, initially thought. These "flat rate" boxes only used to be about $ 16.00 as you correctly say. That is a BIG increase!

I am fortunate that as I work in Paris I can get Dillon stuff from Armurerie de la Bourse there. But it works out about what the US Dollar price is equates to the same figure in UK Pounds even so.
    The SMALL flat rate box, not that long back, was $9

is't norman clark at rugby a dillon dealer
    or have you tryed below

CONTACT Details:

By post:

Eden Trading
    The Farm
    Kirkandrews on Eden
    Carlisle CA5 6DJ
    By eMail:

info@edentrading.co.uk
    By telephone:

David Erskine: 01228 524392
    Bob Nicholson: 01228 576245
    By Fax:
    i would go direct to dillon and get them to send you any bits you need and order a blue book while you are at it cut out the middle man.
    if the part is for replacment dillon have a lifetime on there loading gear and should replace it. thay are very good with there pubic image 2nd to none
    may help you out feller. i have some bits but only an "F" but could be cut down and could be turned down turned down to a "B" foc for the funnel should you wish it. i all so have a .223 shell plate for a 550 /B and a set of .223 dillon dies if any one needs them .
    Last edited by paul o'; 31-01-2013 at 18:05.

Quote Originally Posted by paul o' View Post
    ...and a set of .223 dillon dies if any one needs them .
    223 Dillon dies?

Hello fluffy!!

Send me a PM about them...std, carbide, how orange with rust they are, etc.

USPS raised their rates on 28 Jan of this year; for what I have no idea. The service is getting worse and the prices just keep getting higher.

A word to the wise; just before I get ready to ship my household goods to Scotland, next year, June, I will be most happy to get things like that and give to memebers of this site, who ask for it, at cost of item. May cost a pint "postage", but no more. ;-) I, too, will be getting the required certs, and lic. to re-load when I get there.

Thanks Paul'o for the information. Unfortunately google Only exposed optics warehouse as the dillon progressive rl550b supplier and they quoted 8-12 weeks for the funnel. The item I ordered from USA is now in Chicago il and progressing. You are right, should have gone to Dillon themselves. It is disappointing that conversion kits for other calibres are not easily available for Dillon reloaders in the UK. That's life! On the bright side I can get together all the other components before starting a reloading saga for my new .308 thanks to all for your advice. Regards Martin

Quote Originally Posted by Xsubmariner View Post
    Thanks Paul'o for the information. Unfortunately google Only exposed optics warehouse as the dillon progressive rl550b supplier and they quoted 8-12 weeks for the funnel. The item I ordered from USA is now in Chicago il and progressing. You are right, should have gone to Dillon themselves. It is disappointing that conversion kits for other calibres are not easily available for Dillon reloaders in the UK. That's life! On the bright side I can get together all the other components before starting a reloading saga for my new .308 thanks to all for your advice. Regards Martin
    Contact dillon not for the parts you orderd but tell them you own a rl550 give them your home info and it will be on reg'd to you if it go's tits even if you damage it thay will replace the part F.O.C but if you are short any bits pm me as i may have it here as i had 4 rl550b's and two 1050's running when i was a practical shooter running a 9x25 .38 super