Im ****ed off and feel insulted

Status
Not open for further replies.

mo

OK so I’m raging at the min. ****ed off isn’t the word.
I’m currently selling a pair of Swarovski slc bins 10x42 on fleba, over 70 watchers and bids currently at £610 i think with 2 days to go. 2 days ago I get a call from a guy in Scotland who’s interested but finds the need to ring of private number.. not a big issue just annoying. He Offers me £500 for them.. I decline the offer as I have been offered this from a gun shop in part ex for some rf bins already who told me if I don’t sell them on fleBay his offer will always stand. So me and the potential buyer of fleBay get talking and turns out has a pro stalker on an estate in Scotland.. cool I thought , bit of common interest.. anyway conversation progresses and he revises his offer to either £550 or £500 and a day at the hinds on his estate , I again decline both offers as I have ground myself and I am looking for a pure cash sale.

Yesterday I get another message of this chap offering me the same offer again and he states "this is your last chance"... again I politely state my lowest price I will take will be £600 so Take it or leave it as I am sure I can get this on the flebay etc. Conversation ends but on good terms and I tell him to keep my number and I will keep his.. as I may be interested in a Argo in the future as he comes by them quite often. That night I get a text at around 11ish saying he will give me my asking price of £600.. I’m asleep at this point as I’m working overtime and I’m at work for 7am.. Currently I’m working part time in sales in a office so I cant have my phone on or take calls at work. I think to myself ok I’ll give him a call on my lunch or when I get a chance and accept his offer. Didn’t get free till after 3pm so switch my iphone on and see I have a message of another buyer offering me £680 if i take them of flebay and complete the sale privately. I decline his offer as I have already in my mind done a deal with this stalker chap.. look at my phone and I have a voice mail and a couple of text messages from the stalker. voice mail asking what I am doing about his offer and why haven’t I got back to him. Look at the text message which is 2 hours after the voice mail and his message is as follows...

"HI MO YOU CAN STICK YOUR BINOS UP YOUR ASSHOLE, I DONT DEAL WITH ANYONE WHO BREAKS A GENTELMENS AGREEMENT"

now after reading this I’m stunned, shocked and upset. I don’t talk to anyone like this and nor do I expect to be spoken to in this way.. I don’t care who the **** you are. I always conduct my sales with the upmost sincerity as anyone who has done deals with me on here will vouch. I do what I can to help others, I even declined a higher offer for this guy but he was that impatient he thought it was necessary to shout the odds like a spoilt brat. I rang him after i calmed down a little and explained iv been at work and only just got your messages, im not sat on my ass all day looking at my phone but was going to get back to him when I got a chance. I told him even if he doubled his offer I wouldn’t do business with him and wished him good luck with his search for some bins.

I just thought I would share this with you all and have a rant to get it off my chest.

thanks for listening

Last edited by a moderator:
It does sound a bit rude! To be honest though, if I have anything on eBay I won't accept offers outside eBay full stop, especially if there are bids on it as you are technically bound to those bidders. Besides, it's a sellers market for things like this and you just have to keep your bottle - don't think I have ever seen decent new-ish optics go on eBay for less than market value

You put an item on ebay, have the decency to let it run. I think you are pulling a fast one on the bidders doing things properly and abiding by the ebay rules.

You put an item on ebay, have the decency to let it run. I think you are pulling a fast one on the bidders doing things properly and abiding by the ebay rules.

ok but what about the "buy it now button"? Also buyers should have the decency to NOT message regarding selling privatly but not everyone follows the ruels to the T.i dont sell alot on ebay. infact this will be my 3rd sell! but thinking about it your right. I wont in future accept offers outside ebay. Too much agro lol.

ok but what about the "buy it now button"? Also buyers should have the decency to NOT message regarding selling privatly but not everyone follows the ruels to the T.i dont sell alot on ebay. infact this will be my 3rd sell! but thinking about it your right. I wont in future accept offers outside ebay. Too much agro lol.

If you set up an item as an auction with a buy it now the buy it now disappears once there is a bid.

Buyers are not supposed to try to trade privately, the only time I have done so is when an item fails to sell. There are times when legitimate questions need to be asked, so the messaging system needs to remain active.

If you set up an item as an auction with a buy it now the buy it now disappears once there is a bid.

Buyers are not supposed to try to trade privately, the only time I have done so is when an item fails to sell. There are times when legitimate questions need to be asked, so the messaging system needs to remain active.

Thats not correct bud , it doesn't disappear

I wouldn't bother my arse with this dumpling , were all looking for a bargain, it is on a auction site it is the highest offer, what part of this does he not get I've had it on various sites they all want something for nothing .

It disappears on the first bid if there is no reserve, otherwise it stays until the reserve is met.

i was just going to say the same. Im sure iv seen bids but yet still see a buy it now button.

If as a private seller you list an item for auction, with a buy it now as well, the buy it now stops as soon as a bid is made.
The only way to have both is as a power seller, or so e-bay told me when I complained about an item I was selling lost the buy it now.
This happened within 1 hour of listing something, the £99 buy it now went because somebody bid £1, and it costs more to list with both option :doh:

Neil. :)

So did you sell them!?

lots of nasty people out there, water off a ducks back!

as for eBay if I am selling something it will get listed in as many places as possible
if it sells off eBay I am perfectly entitled to end the listing
they even give you the option when ending "this item is no longer for sale"

its your item at the end of the day and so many things get "sold" and then you get the non-payers, the chancers, the re-negotiators, the dodgy people who want it sent to Nigeria but payment is coming from Switzerland.......

I sold an iphone 4s 4 times before it actually went!

and as for Paypal....don't get me started on that!!

Well done Mo, it sounds like we are all better off with the warrning, not sure who it could be, but when selling it should be the truth only.

Regards

BirkG, Scotland

"HI MO YOU CAN STICK YOUR BINOS UP YOUR ASSHOLE, I DONT DEAL WITH ANYONE WHO BREAKS A GENTELMENS AGREEMENT"

Send him a text back saying "will you still give me £600 for them covered in ****?" :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back