Thread: Season over

Season over

Well that's it for another year well on the shooting front anyway ,clearing kit ,washing and storing away topping up feeders and trapping to come in the next few weeks.
    many thanks to all those that made it a great season despite the weather trying to dampen our spirits and a 60.5% return not too bad either .
    I may even get a bit more stalking in now too
    norma

An impressive return, we managed 38% up from 30% last year.

Martin

Cheers the pheasants held very well despite them being a pain to start with kept them quiet where I wanted them and disturbed them where I didn't they then kept well ,partridge were there all season and we shot a third and almost all the duck were finished off by the beaters .
    the pheasant were 3/4 Japanese green neck which shooting every two weeks got a break and resettled and I tryed to give drives a rest as well .the phezys liked the triticale wild bird mix even though it was only two foot high we shot birds from it all season and they were like sky rockets from the off .ive rebooked them for next season .
    norma

My first season was a struggle, people lamping pens and othersthinking it was ok to train their dogs around release pens . We ended with 33% which was OK.

Quote Originally Posted by norma 308 View Post
    Cheers the pheasants held very well despite them being a pain to start with kept them quiet where I wanted them and disturbed them where I didn't they then kept well ,partridge were there all season and we shot a third and almost all the duck were finished off by the beaters .
    the pheasant were 3/4 Japanese green neck which shooting every two weeks got a break and resettled and I tryed to give drives a rest as well .the phezys liked the triticale wild bird mix even though it was only two foot high we shot birds from it all season and they were like sky rockets from the off .ive rebooked them for next season .
    norma
    did you rear from day old or poults bought in regards pete

60.5% return,That's very impressive are you surrounded by other shoots norma? well done mate.
    Atb John