Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: shooting sticks tripod which ones ??

shooting sticks tripod which ones ??

This has been discussed may times i bet but which are the best easy to erect,light,rotate and easy to alter any veiws.

Knobloch tripod with leki speedloc adjustable legs are the badgers nadgers

I bought a Vanguard T62U set - for me they're excellent, best 100 I've spent for ages !!!

It is worth making yourself a set of twin sticks, using B&Q garden poles/canes or similar, and just adding a bit of rope or string a couple of foot longer than the sticks tied at the point where the sticks cross. Tie a few knots in the free end of the string.

When you come to shoot you lean the sticks towards you, put your foot on the string and then push the sticks away from you and lock your elbow. Once you get the technique right, 5 minutes practise, this will leave you with the string under tension and you will be amazed at how stable this will be.

In view of the fact that this solution will cost you about 5 it is worth trying before spending any cash. If it works for you then you'll have saved enough to pay for a stalk and if it doesn't you can take your sticks apart and you have some handy string and garden canes :-)
    For self catering accommodation on the Isle of Lewis please visit:
    http://www.7south.co.uk/

+1 on B&Q canes.

I made quad sticks after reading on here, and getting some help from members via pm.
    Just as steady as a bipod.
    I put some thin bungy cord diagonally between the legs, so they open to exactly where I want, but can be pushed further if need be, and they spring back as soon as I lift the rifle off.
    Whoever first came up with idea of green quad sticks ought to be given a special SD medal!

Quote Originally Posted by VSS View Post
    +1 on B&Q canes.

I made quad sticks after reading on here, and getting some help from members via pm.
    Just as steady as a bipod.
    I put some thin bungy cord diagonally between the legs, so they open to exactly where I want, but can be pushed further if need be, and they spring back as soon as I lift the rifle off.
    Whoever first came up with idea of green quad sticks ought to be given a special SD medal!
    I could be wrong, but I believe the Germans are to blame. Certainly the first set of instructions I have were from Germany. Regards JCS

If you do a search on best stalking sticks you will find a range of info from guys who recommend trigger sticks at 99 to guys who say it's crazy to spend that sort of money and they cut a couple of branches off a bush with a knife they found, bought some elastic cord and still had change from a half crown and got a bag of chips on the way home .

fraser
    Last edited by private fraser; 03-02-2013 at 18:37.

Sportsmans do a cheap set with a head that rotates 360 deg which is handy if tracking an animal

Primos trigger sticks Bushwear, not cheap but very good.
    BushWear: Primos Trigger Stick Tall Tripod

+1 for the primos absolute best money ive ever spent for stalking kit