Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: DSC1 And Open Licence

DSC1 And Open Licence

I have book in for my DSC1
    I have been turned down 3 times now for an Open for my .22 and 17HMR
    Can any one tell me once i pass (if i pass) will this help in any way in getting an Open
    Some people say yes and others say it wont help in any way

ATB
    Gary

No expert. But neither are deer legal. DSC1 is to do with deer not vermin. So I don't think they would open it up on the fact you have done a deer course. May be wrong. Have asked the FAO and why you have been turned down.
    How long have had your ticket and how much land. This may have a factor.
    Andrew

A think a lot depends on how long you've had your ticket and how much land you've permission on
    don't know if level 1 will help you cos you're rifles are not deer legal
    I know i got my open ticket before i did level 1 but it was a while ago (years)

They may well give you a deer legal calibre on an open ( need open for paid stalks) but does not follow they would give open on your your rimmies.

My FAO said yes
    But it was poo pooed by some one else all 3 times and he will not give me any reason other than he thinks i do not have enought experience yet

there is a safety specific test component to the DSC 1 regarding the safe use of firearms on quarry, that is a good measure of competence well at least to some forces!

You need more than one ground though or invites and quite often a letter or two inviting you as a guest to shoot is all you need.

Quote Originally Posted by Drag1 View Post
    A think a lot depends on how long you've had your ticket and how much land you've permission on
    don't know if level 1 will help you cos you're rifles are not deer legal
    I know i got my open ticket before i did level 1 but it was a while ago (years)

I have 308 and 243 deer rifles
    and i have deer on my licence as long as i go out with some one with a open on the deer Cal

Gary
    how long hav you held an FAC for ??? Wot are your conditions...??
    DSC will not matter a jot because of the calibres you hold
    this is a licensing matter based on how long you hav held and FAC for with theses specific calibres

Just come into my 4th year
    with all the calibres

Maybe its just that you've not had it long enough then or not enough ground to shoot over it can help if you know someone a stalker or keeper that could put a word in for you