Thread: Hello from Iraq

Hello from Iraq

Hi Folks. Im currently working in Iraq, But hail from Antrim Northern Ireland. Looking forward to banter on here

Welcome to the site, a bit more about your stalking/shooting/experience would be nice please

John
    A clever man knows his strengths, a wise man knows his weaknesses

Welcome what you doing out in iraq ? i did 5 years there and now on my 4th in afghan.

Im ex army and working in Iraq on a Close Protection team ive been here since 2007. I do mostly vermin control. Love fox hunting at night, I would go out every night but would probably find myself single rather rapid!. I have a .22 lr CZ 524. a 17hmr anschutz 1517 and a .222 Steyr Pro Hunter Mkii. My 1517 is my favourite out of the three.
    Last edited by easypeasy; 17-02-2013 at 04:57.

Welcome to SD, good caliber choices there- exactly what I have in the cabinet- plus a 308.
    I was out in Iraq 2003,04, and 05. Interesting to hear if much has changed
    Paul

Quote Originally Posted by Bart308 View Post
    Welcome to SD, good caliber choices there- exactly what I have in the cabinet- plus a 308.
    I was out in Iraq 2003,04, and 05. Interesting to hear if much has changed
    Paul
    Hi Mate, its calmed right down now. No dramas at all. In fact its more dangerous in my own city Belfast and thats saying something.
    Biggest threat out here is RTA's at the minute.

Hi Easypeasy, welcome to the SD. If theres anything we can do to help just ask, glad to hear that the sandpit is is calmed down a bit. Im Ex mob to and board stiff as a civvie.

Alwyn