Thread: Very cheap binoculars!

Very cheap binoculars!

Just bought these on ebay for the princely sum of 1.24... I would be surprised if they are any good but they are at least heavy enough to use as a club!
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	New Binoculars 002.jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	181.7 KB 
ID:	24254Click image for larger version. 

Name:	New Binoculars 001.jpg 
Views:	248 
Size:	190.8 KB 
ID:	24253
    More seriously, I am interested in how I get on with this weight/magnification/field of view before spending big bucks on something Austrian! weather permitting, I will be out stalking next Thursday and can compare them with my mates 8x42 Leicas, interested to see how much longer can distinguish the wood from the trees

Excellent purchase. They will make a nice portable bipod to rest your rifle on!

Good idea! there certainly won't be tears before bedtime if they get mangled

Account Suspended
    you'll have a hunch at the end of the day

You're not wrong - weigh more than 1kg - couple of hours out with them today and ready to bin the bins

LOL, I bought a pair of 12x25 pocket binns last week, for .99P.....taking them out tomorrow...they may join the rest of the binns at the back of the farm...where there are a few sets already lying in the peat bog....also waiting for my 6 8x40's to arrive next week...

I hope you have better luck than me - mine are also seriously out of alignment, proper double image! not worth spending money on so it's DIY optics time

Quote Originally Posted by Norrie1956 View Post
    LOL, I bought a pair of 12x25 pocket binns last week, for .99P.....taking them out tomorrow...they may join the rest of the binns at the back of the farm...where there are a few sets already lying in the peat bog....also waiting for my 6 8x40's to arrive next week...
    I can just immagine the conclusions being drawn by archaeologists in a few hundred years time that where your farm now lies there was once a thriving optical equipment industry, and here we seem to have stumbled on a storage area.
    You can't say muntjac without saying, Mmmmmm.

Quote Originally Posted by Bregalad View Post
    I hope you have better luck than me - mine are also seriously out of alignment, proper double image! not worth spending money on so it's DIY optics time
    5 minutes with a hacksaw and you've got 2 monoculars. Bargain!
    You can't say muntjac without saying, Mmmmmm.