Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What do YOU do?

What do YOU do?

As a previous thread dealt with "Ex forces " etc, How many of us are Welders, past or present? quite a few on here I think from the fabricator / metalworking spectrum! A.S.M.E. IX 6 G, restricted access, on pipe,plate,in stainless , carbon, & ally for me,been in & on a few R.N. jobs.
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!

Quote Originally Posted by finnbear270 View Post
    As a previous thread dealt with "Ex forces " etc, How many of us are Welders, past or present? quite a few on here I think from the fabricator / metalworking spectrum! A.S.M.E. IX 6 G, restricted access, on pipe,plate,in stainless , carbon, & ally for me,been in & on a few R.N. jobs.

That's a good one is that because like me you've put on a few pounds.

P.S. Like you I used to work in confined spaces a few years ago.
    It's the calibre of the shooter that counts not the calibre of the rifle.

Talk about best practice!!!

Wheres your flash shields Steve??

Going to have to sort that Avatar before somebody gets a bad eye mate
    Blessed be the sheeple for they shall inherit bugger all...

Mike, it was open access that became 'restricted' access over time.

I taught myself to weld purely in order to be able to stick nuts on sheared off bolts and to get broken studs out.... I say 'weld' in the very loosest sense, certainly don't claim to have much skill at it!

yep still doing it although my day job i have been banished to the office or running jobs instead of being on my tools, i find the days drag like hell now I do the odd job where i have to actually weld if it gets complicated like last year flew out to qatar to work on the new airbus hangers That was a good crack but welding in 50 deg heat takes its toll but i am glad i went out there, I used to do alot of welding in confined spaces ,underground tunnels and escape hatches and the likes also stainless and ally work , atb wayne

http://www.facebook.com/pages/UKSHA/502164506587351
    uksha
    Discretion assured - call us anytime, free on 0800 689 0857
    please visit our web site: uksha1
    or find us on facebook
    Sponsored proudly by Pfanner, Blaser, Clark Forest, John Forsey sports

Well I'm a steel erector and it was just natural to learn to weld to fix mistakes but like CSL it's in a loose sense but will still well a 503 galvanised beam to workshop quality

Quote Originally Posted by finnbear270 View Post

Mr Versertile. thats what you call your self now LOL
    If its hit its history / If its missed its a mystery

A gun is always loaded .A mule always kicks

Quote Originally Posted by davidm View Post
    Well I'm a steel erector and it was just natural to learn to weld to fix mistakes but like CSL it's in a loose sense but will still well a 503 galvanised beam to workshop quality

dirty boy hows the shakes after that ,hate doing anything with galve but i suppose when you have too ,thats the good thing about having to deligate jobs like those, atb wayne

http://www.facebook.com/pages/UKSHA/502164506587351
    uksha
    Discretion assured - call us anytime, free on 0800 689 0857
    please visit our web site: uksha1
    or find us on facebook
    Sponsored proudly by Pfanner, Blaser, Clark Forest, John Forsey sports

Quote Originally Posted by davidm View Post
    David, hope your old enough to remember the days when the iron went up without these bloody pickers..

I was on a good few powerstations in the early 90's

Great days walking the steel

Terry
    Blessed be the sheeple for they shall inherit bugger all...

I'm not a welder as such but I can weld... being brought up on a farm, arc welding is an essential skill and these days I use a mig mostly to weld up holes in Landrover chassis.
    "It's halfway down the hill, directly below that tree next to a rock that looks like a bell-end"

Good deals with ~ deako ~ sakowsm ~ dryan ~ 2734neil ~ mo ~ riggers ~ mmbeatle ~ seanct ~ an du ru fox