Cz452 trigger

swarovski

Hi all,I want a nice trigger for my 22,it's original one in there and want one that's got a crisp break,what make is best,how much would one be and can I fit myself.atb Swarovski.

I've got the rimfire magic kit on both of my cz's, economical & quite easy to instal and gives a much better trigger pressure than the original factory one. atb Tim

Well Brooks is out of business, the rimfire magic one is only part of the full kit.
The full kit is now the Yodave kit, £15 ish from e-bay, sellers name is formeryodave, they come from Canada, item No 160800484012
The other options are the various adjustable sear kits, or the two replacement trigger, one from Rifle Basics, which I used for a short while, and
then dumped in favour of a Yodave kit, now on my one remaining rimfire I have a Timney trigger.
Yes the Timney is very good, but it is expensive, and needs a fair bit of inletting work.
Your choice at the end of the day, but with care the best trigger is the Yodave kit, but only if you are capable of setting it all up well.
For other options, like the "poor mans trigger job" do a search on the CZ forum within the the Rimfire Central Forum.
CZ / Brno - RFC Check the stickies out, with particular attention to Sophia's answers to frequently asked questions

Neil. :)

Last edited:
I have a spare Yodave trigger kit - unopened - £17.00 delivered 1st Class Recorded PM me if you want it.

I have a Yodave kit on my 452. It works well. You get a number of different springs and shims to get the right adjustment you want.

Thanks for your replies,I've watched the video,I've bought one off v8 90,to save me too much messing about,which spring should I go for and what size sleeve to reduce creep to get best trigger with out getting slammer bolt,atb swaro

to save me too much messing about,which spring should I go for and what size sleeve to reduce creep to get best trigger with out getting slammer bolt,atb swaro

Every rifle is an individual, you need to find what gives you the trigger you want on your rifle.
Then make sure it is safe.
I did say earlier that this will give you the best trigger, I also said but only if you do the job properly.
Start with the middle spacer tube as see how it feels, the spring is the last thing to worry about.
I actually never use the kit springs, I cut the standard one down suit.
If this is an old kit it may not have the replacement pivot pin, the one the tube goes on, if this is the case source a roll pin locally.
It is not worth the chance of re-useing the stock pin.

Trgger fitted last night,used biggest shim and 3rd strongest spring,am very pleased,nice crisp break :D,atb swaro

The biggest shim, your trigger must have been truly awful to start with, glad it all worked out for you.

What sort of money is the timney trigger

£100 or there about's, depends on if you import your own, or get it from Midway.
I got mine from a member on Rimfire Central who decided he didn't want to inlet the stock, in exchange for a Rifle Basics one.
I like it, but would not buy one, just because the trigger kit, an adjustable sear, or the poor man's trigger job are all capable
of giving a better trigger, if done with care and patience.

The rimfire magic trigger kit is a joy, both to fit and to use, and is mucho cheepo into the bargain

What sort of money is the timney trigger
I paid about £70 from Sportsman Gun centre a couple of years ago. I previously had a trigger kit in there which was good, but frankly not a patch on the Timney. I would go straight to Timney if I were you, yes a bit more money, but worth it.

Back