Moving to new area, new licensing authority

palmer_mike

Ok, looking for some advice.
It is possible/likely that a move is soon to be on the cards due to wife's job.
Is it correct that I will need to change my FAC from the present essex issued one to one issued by the new area i'm living in?
At present I am under Essex police, I have been treated very well by them and have an open ticket only 8 months after initial grant.
If I move to a different force (likely to be suffolk), is it possible that they will change the conditions on my FAC (and possibly close my FAC back up?).

All the best,
Mike

Mike,

Suffolk should not make any changes to your licence. Given it's next force along, I doubt they will even be able to talk about loss of ground. You don't even need to notify them - although I would - just Essex that you are moving within 7 days (the BASC website has a good document to assist you on this). Be prepared for a cabinet check and a 'get to know you' sort of chat. Usual form - tea and biscuits and be open. I'm sure MS and others will be able to set your mind at rest on you FEO as and when things happen. Do not surrender your licence until the new one is issued.

Best of luck

E t R

Mike,

Suffolk should not make any changes to your licence. Given it's next force along, I doubt they will even be able to talk about loss of ground. You don't even need to notify them - although I would - just Essex that you are moving within 7 days (the BASC website has a good document to assist you on this). Be prepared for a cabinet check and a 'get to know you' sort of chat. Usual form - tea and biscuits and be open. I'm sure MS and others will be able to set your mind at rest on you FEO as and when things happen. Do not surrender your licence until the new one is issued.

Best of luck

E t R

Thanks for that, will look on the BASC website for the document you mentioned.
All the best,
Mike

Further more, dont surrender your FAC untill it has expired, as has already been said you only need to notify a change of address, you can carry on using your current FAC untill it has expired with its present conditions, if you are still living in Suffolk when it expires or you need variation you will have to aply to Suffolk police.

Ian.

Back