Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wiltshire Firearms Dept : Well Done

Wiltshire Firearms Dept : Well Done

Had call to re-apply for a shotgun license 8yrs after the previous license had expired.
    The FEO - specificly Dereck Binks ~ wonderful
    Very supportive and knowledgable; building a professional relationship and providing confidence.
    License application turned around ( with a thorough home-visit on a weekend !! ) in next to no time.

Thank you Wiltshire Firearms Dept

Any of you poor sods in Hampshire want to come over the boarder and avoid 16-20wks of uncertainty ?? LOL

TOMSK

I can't fault wilts they have been great with me every time. My last variation and change of address took less than 30 mins. Just popped in had a chin wag with the guys and it was done then and there. top notch service

Yeh we're very lucky in Wiltshire and Derek is a nice guy to! He's done a couple of quick turn arounds for me.

Good people thinly spread so things occasionally fall down the gaps and am jumping through some hoops on boar. However compared to peoples experiences elsewhere I certainly wouldnt swap.

Lived in Wiltshire for 12 years. In my opinion the rest of the UK should use Wilts as an example of how the job should be done. They are brilliant.
    Tusker

I must say compared with other Dept I have dealt with they are fantastic only 1thing they couldn't get me was somewhere to shoot some bunnies or charlies near Melksham as I have just moved across the county!

I hope they don't change the team any time soon!

Quote Originally Posted by chr1s View Post
    I must say compared with other Dept I have dealt with they are fantastic!
    +1 for Wiltshire FLD. Always provide a great service.

14 weeks now for mine only wanted a 17 hmr the one i said id by from the gun shop up road got sold now west mids no so good at minute think staffs are draggin them down

Quote Originally Posted by chr1s View Post
    I can't fault wilts they have been great with me every time. My last variation and change of address took less than 30 mins. Just popped in had a chin wag with the guys and it was done then and there. top notch service
    thats good service handed both fac and sgc in at the hampshire police hq in winchester on the 12 of november for a change of address and im still waiting thats 16 weeks .thats from a force that was crowing on tv a few weeks ago about how its now cleared a backlog of 15'000 fac/ sgc/variations and change of address ( yes that is 15'000

Wish I could just pop into the met, it's all closed doors,still waiting on my variation since oct