Should we be allowed to shoot un-insured

When I joined BDS they had no insurance so I joined WAGBI [now BASC.] and have been with them ever since.
In my clay pigeon days and CPSA I was also covered by their insurance.
Fortunately I have never needed to make a claim.

Some years ago here in the North two guys were out lamping foxes one night. One pratt shot at a pair of eyes and when they went forward found they had shot a Belgian Blue cow.
He was NOT insured so his pal took the rap.
Anyone who uses a firearm and is not insured is an irresponsible fool and unfit to be in charge of a weapon.

HWH.

I'm insured via BASC. Hopefully I'll never need to call on their insurance but I know if I need them they're there. Personnally I wouldn't want to be out with someone who wasn't insured - accidents do happen - you wouldn't drive a car without insurance so why drive a gun without insurance? Both have the potential to cause serious damage or worse.

countrysports5 said:
At the risk of stirring up the pot, here's my half pees worth.
How selfish of some of you guys who do not want to be insured!!! What would be your reaction if YOU were injured during a shoot or stalk or had your dog injured by someone else or your firearm / kit damaged and then when you told the other person they should compensate YOU for your loss (or if you are self employed like me, to help you survive with no earnings) only to be told by the other bloke "sorry , mate, I'm skint / I'm a man of straw / I could not be bothered to be insured etc. " ???

Besides, surely , most of us should be members of at least one of the shooting organisations to help support our sport and since membership usually includes 3rd party liability insurance - why be so tightfisted or selfish by not being a member???

OK, I'll put my hard hat and flak jacket on.

Fair comment fella..

Terry

Hi
i would say at the price of insurance it is your duty to make sure you are covered.
how anyone would contemplate not being insured is beyond me.
one thing is for sure i do hope its one of them expenses that you never ever see a return on.but it gives you peace of mind knowing that you are covered.
I think you have to remember that you should all so make sure your shooting partners or the guests you are going out with are covered.as most of this type of insurance is for the 3rd party and not self coverage.
hell i know a chap that forgot to make sure his tail gate was shoot correctly and dove off and 3 rifles fell out damaging all of them.the insurance paid out for 2 but not the drivers.
food for thought.

ATB
CAM

We are all aware that in this current state of affairs there are idiots out there looking for anything to make a claim weather its legal or illegal. I am with BASC & for what they charge i truely think it is worth it for what you get covered for. I am sure i can speak for all on here that we have all spent four figure & five figure sum's of our money on our equiment etc & for that extra few quid a year i dont think any one can moan. It onlys take one accident to be in the s**t. It is quite surprise in that how many stalkers that i know they turn clients away for not being insured. I agree with you C-S-5 those wood be qick to point the finger at those who caused an accident with out insurance.

Back