Thread: Newcastle

Newcastle

I was working in Newcastle for a day last week and couldn't help but notice the fields as we were landing. The plane approached from the coast and every field that I could see was water logged. I guess it is much the same in a lot of places but newcastle seemed particular wet.

Think they have been hit very hard all year with the weather down there
    Enjoy yourself ........it's later than you think !!

Quote Originally Posted by varmint223 View Post
    Think they have been hit very hard all year with the weather down there
    varmint223, you are right, I live in the locus, and have shot/stalked the are for over 40 years, and never seen as much water on the land, I have spoken to a number of farmer friends, who say they expect to be harvesting about 50% or less this coming year, bad news for pheasant syndicates

We have had a really wet 2012 then all the snow everything is soaking wet still bales in some fields the farmers must be at least 6weeks behind patrick were you from
    Atn
    b tom

Aye weve now evolved webbed feet so we can get around....

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG0212.jpg 
Views:	22 
Size:	212.5 KB 
ID:	24468.

I live on one of the farms at the back of the airport the farmland that surrounds the airport is saturated if not still flooded, the picture is of the spine road last summer about 5 miles from the airport. The water was over 10 foot deep in places.

We had a load of rain snow & every other pice of weather you can think of here. But on the good news the sun is out today pitty I'm house bound today

Kevin

it amazes me as to why people think they can drive their cars through floods like that
    Quote Originally Posted by gearboxbarry View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG0212.jpg 
Views:	22 
Size:	212.5 KB 
ID:	24468.

I live on one of the farms at the back of the airport the farmland that surrounds the airport is saturated if not still flooded, the picture is of the spine road last summer about 5 miles from the airport. The water was over 10 foot deep in places.

give it 5 minutes tikk308 and i am sure the sun will disappear