Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 23

Thread: Associations at the Stalking Fair

  1. #1

    Associations at the Stalking Fair

    Just got a call off my mate who is a member of the BDS and he suggested that the BDS will not be at the deer stalker fair.
    He is gutted always singing the praises and asking me to join. If its true i must admit to being very surprised but i sure that they are moving away from deer stalkers and moving into study areas. Is it true Brian?????

  2. #2
    Quote Originally Posted by 6pointer View Post
    Just got a call off my mate who is a member of the BDS and he suggested that the BDS will not be at the deer stalker fair.
    He is gutted always singing the praises and asking me to join. If its true i must admit to being very surprised but i sure that they are moving away from deer stalkers and moving into study areas. Is it true Brian?????
    Im surprised you are not a member of the BDS, I thought you may have wanted to support the charity. Decent magazine comes every three months too. ATB 1995rs

  3. #3
    BDS what a joke they are, you would only get them to the fair if you were paying them probably

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by 375 mag View Post
    BDS what a joke they are, you would only get them to the fair if you were paying them probably

    Plus 1

    Andy

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by 6pointer View Post
    Just got a call off my mate who is a member of the BDS and he suggested that the BDS will not be at the deer stalker fair.
    He is gutted always singing the praises and asking me to join. If its true i must admit to being very surprised but i sure that they are moving away from deer stalkers and moving into study areas. Is it true Brian?????

    BDS are not attending. We thought they were as previous conversations suggested but apparently a years notice and other events roundabout that time means its not possible.

    Not to worry.

    SNH, SGA, BASC, SACS, Deer Network Groups, Police FEO's and Wildlife Crime Officers will be there supporting the Fair so the organisation/association/official side of stalking is well represented, and regardless of what individual opinion is on them or some policies, they should be there IMO.

    Almost forgot, CIC are putting on a large stand for display of heads and scoring trophies as well!

  6. #6
    Really looking forward to the fair Brian, it is a great idea and I am sure it will be a great success. Hope to meet you there.

    Best regards.

    Jon.

    For guided Roe deer stalking,. BASC accredited trainer for DSC1 and 2. BASC accredited training centre with courses held regularly.
    www.greenleedeer.co.uk

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by roestalker View Post
    Really looking forward to the fair Brian, it is a great idea and I am sure it will be a great success. Hope to meet you there.

    Best regards.

    Jon.
    Likewise Jon

    Because we hope it will be a good social occasion as well, we have tried to split it a bit so that the smaller hall will have the bar and seating as well as other things of interest. What an excuse to get away for a beer and a chat...

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by jamross65 View Post
    Likewise Jon

    Because we hope it will be a good social occasion as well, we have tried to split it a bit so that the smaller hall will have the bar and seating as well as other things of interest. What an excuse to get away for a beer and a chat...
    Brian will there be any pies!!!

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by patrickt View Post
    Brian will there be any pies!!!
    None of those amazing pork ones from Peebles, just venison burgers etc!!!

    Don't worry though as Jayb will have thousands of free biscuits on the SD stand.

  10. #10
    Just ask Jayb,s Wife to run up a few things Christ she can cook. Will be up there soon to see sheila sorry i mean John.

    1995 I would support most charity,s but only if they are in fact a charity . BDS in my opinion have let them selves down a chance to show deer managers and the industry in a positive light and they cant go or is it wont go. Did you find out were Mr Goffin was going that was more important Brian. I will be on a few stands with a bottle of double malt for anyone that wants one.

Similar Threads

  1. So who is going to the kelso stalking fair
    By chrisc in forum Events and Meetings
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 20-02-2013, 09:19
  2. Catton Park Stalking Fair
    By gtb in forum Deer Stalking General
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-04-2010, 18:11
  3. Stalking 2010 - BASC Gamekeepers' Fair - Who's going?
    By Iwrch in forum Deer Stalking General
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 16-03-2010, 20:20
  4. associations
    By MrYou in forum Deer Stalking General
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 18-01-2010, 15:53
  5. Stalking 2010 at gamekeepers fair
    By Steve Bloomfield in forum Introductions
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 29-05-2009, 22:37

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •