Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Landrover Defender tdci MPG

Landrover Defender tdci MPG

Hi Lads just wanted to know what your get ruffly,Had a 300,sold it and got a 58 plate navara aventura its good on fuel compared to the 300,but it can't go anywhere,so I'm going back to what i know,

ATB

Andy

Distinguished Member tartinjock's Avatar
    110 Double Cab fitted with IFor back box, 29mpg on a good run. Will be more than happy at 70mph with plenty left.

TJ
    Position and hold must be firm enough to support the firearm
    The firearm must point naturally at the target without any undue physical effort
    Sight alignment (aiming) must be correct
    The shot must be released and followed through without disturbing the position

Between 28 and 34 , good vehicles , the jap stuff is fine if you don't need to go offroad regurlarly . We use 6 landys

Don't why i sold mine I'm kicking myself, i need to be off road regularly the navara is crap,as i put on another thread everybody slags them off but who do they call when they're stuck on wet grass to pull them out!!!!

Nothing will go where a defender will go end of....

Andy

Quote Originally Posted by Pirate hunter View Post
    Don't why i sold mine I'm kicking myself, i need to be off road regularly the navara is crap,as i put on another thread everybody slags them off but who do they call when they're stuck on wet grass to pull them out!!!!

Nothing will go where a defender will go end of....

Andy
    Should have gone for the Hilux they have the manual gear setup like the Landrover & central diff lock. Put on some decent tyres and mine goes everywhere my 110 CSW used to go and I'm getting 30 mpg average.
    I don't rate the electronic 4WD system on the Nissan, I tried it. Only + side for the Landrover is it didn't look any worse with a few dents here and there.

The hilux are alright, but still have not got the off road capability of the defender,I had to pull my mates hilux off a stubble field the other week in the defender.
    But a massive improvement on the navara granted.

Andy

Quote Originally Posted by Wingy View Post
    Should have gone for the Hilux they have the manual gear setup like the Landrover & central diff lock. Put on some decent tyres and mine goes everywhere my 110 CSW used to go and I'm getting 30 mpg average.
    I don't rate the electronic 4WD system on the Nissan, I tried it. Only + side for the Landrover is it didn't look any worse with a few dents here and there.
    not as good for towing as the hilux weighs so much it means you don't have much off your gross weight available for the load . Also it's on leaf springs , fine for horse carts . But offer no articulation

Pootering about your lamping ground in second gear a Puma will do 10mpg but in 6th on a motorway 34mpg is normal, i have a 90xs on 265 muds.

I've had my Hilux in some very sticky spots and upto now always managed to self recover it. The only modification is 17" wheels and big chunky tyres. I do have a lot of off road driving experience including competition, that counts for a lot. The only thing about all the Landrovers I've owned is I have never bothered about how many dents they had, unbolt a panel, bash with hammer, slap some paint on. But my Hilux I would cry.
    Wingy

Quote Originally Posted by Wingy View Post
    I've had my Hilux in some very sticky spots and upto now always managed to self recover it. The only modification is 17" wheels and big chunky tyres. I do have a lot of off road driving experience including competition, that counts for a lot. The only thing about all the Landrovers I've owned is I have never bothered about how many dents they had, unbolt a panel, bash with hammer, slap some paint on. But my Hilux I would cry.
    Wingy
    If i was doing off road competitions i would for sure own a landy,I do get what your saying a lot to do with off road capability is tyres and ground clearance,but the hilux will bottom out over big holes or the tow bar will drag into the ground on inclines.

Andy