Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Leupold Alumina Flip-Up Scope Covers

Leupold Alumina Flip-Up Scope Covers

Has anyone used these covers, and are they worth the expense? they look hard wearing compared to butler creeks! but that said, anything would.

atb Blue.

i use them on my leupold the one i have is the one with an inverted half moon in the lower half of the front glass [so the scope can be mounted closer to the barrel]
    so it was my only option to get one of these [ie shape]
    they were a bit pricy ,but there are well made and mine flips right back ontop of the scope ,so its out the way and carnt get knocked
    there is 2 buttons on the inside of the cover to place it on and off the scope
    hope this helps

+1 I have them.Very easy to open magnetic cover.
    Do you know what nemesis means? A righteous infliction of retribution manifested by an appropriate agent, personified in this case by a 'orrible c@#t, me.

I have broken six objective Butler Creeks when they pop open in the slip.... Can these stay shut in a rifle slip?

I got eye and objective alumina on my louy. I wish I'd brought them first instead of half a dozen butler creeks. They are silent, fit exactly, comlipment the look of th scope, good magnets but a little more than BC but much better product. There is a picture on my gallery of my rifle scope and covers.

...and me

Quote Originally Posted by RED-DOT View Post
    I have broken six objective Butler Creeks when they pop open in the slip.... Can these stay shut in a rifle slip?

....that's reassuring I thought it was just me.....

The new Butler Creeks are a crap. Broke mine on first outing. Would rather have give money to H the H !

Quote Originally Posted by Steyer 6.5 View Post
    I got eye and objective alumina on my louy. I wish I'd brought them first instead of half a dozen butler creeks. They are silent, fit exactly, comlipment the look of th scope, good magnets but a little more than BC but much better product. There is a picture on my gallery of my rifle scope and covers.
    Hi Steyer,
    Is the rear on yours stuck on with tape or am i looking at the wrong one?

atb blue.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue400 View Post
    Has anyone used these covers, and are they worth the expense? they look hard wearing compared to butler creeks! but that said, anything would.

atb Blue.
    They are a well made bit of kit. I had bought the eye piece 1 a couple of weeks ago but sent it back as my rubber eye piece would not unscrew and I was worried I would damage my scope. I contacted leupold and they wanted me to send my scope to them and they would sort it out for me. I sent mine back and got an accu cover, it looks better the butler crap things. I will though when time allows get another and get leupold to sort it.

Nutty