Leupold Alumina Flip-Up Scope Covers

Blue400

Has anyone used these covers, and are they worth the expense? they look hard wearing compared to butler creeks! but that said, anything would.

atb Blue.

i use them on my leupold the one i have is the one with an inverted half moon in the lower half of the front glass [so the scope can be mounted closer to the barrel]
so it was my only option to get one of these [ie shape]
they were a bit pricy ,but there are well made and mine flips right back ontop of the scope ,so its out the way and carnt get knocked
there is 2 buttons on the inside of the cover to place it on and off the scope
hope this helps

I have broken six objective Butler Creeks when they pop open in the slip.... Can these stay shut in a rifle slip?

I got eye and objective alumina on my louy. I wish I'd brought them first instead of half a dozen butler creeks. They are silent, fit exactly, comlipment the look of th scope, good magnets but a little more than BC but much better product. There is a picture on my gallery of my rifle scope and covers.

The new Butler Creeks are a crap. Broke mine on first outing. Would rather have give money to H the H !

I got eye and objective alumina on my louy. I wish I'd brought them first instead of half a dozen butler creeks. They are silent, fit exactly, comlipment the look of th scope, good magnets but a little more than BC but much better product. There is a picture on my gallery of my rifle scope and covers.

Hi Steyer,
Is the rear on yours stuck on with tape or am i looking at the wrong one?

atb blue.

Has anyone used these covers, and are they worth the expense? they look hard wearing compared to butler creeks! but that said, anything would.

atb Blue.

They are a well made bit of kit. I had bought the eye piece 1 a couple of weeks ago but sent it back as my rubber eye piece would not unscrew and I was worried I would damage my scope. I contacted leupold and they wanted me to send my scope to them and they would sort it out for me. I sent mine back and got an accu cover, it looks better the butler crap things. I will though when time allows get another and get leupold to sort it.

Nutty

They are very good, I had the objective covers modified and fitted to a couple of Zeiss scopes for a long time.

Thanks for all the replies, it looks like butler creeks are a thing of the past for me.

atb blue.

Hi Steyer,
Is the rear on yours stuck on with tape or am i looking at the wrong one?

atb blue.

They were the butler creeks (crap). Its on the CWD pictures mate. Ill have look and if need be ill send you some pics by text or e mail if you want to PM me your details.

Blue search for "had a chinese then after an hour fancied another" the picture of me rifle and scope with alumina covers are on there dont know why they are not in my gallery.

How did you do that buddy if you don't mind me asking? Broken numerous butler creek ones and want something that will last thanks

I took the cover and the scope to my local lathe wizard and asked him to make it fit. He couldn't cut a thread fine enough so just made it a nice snug fit that could be fixed with a dab of epoxy.

Blue search for "had a chinese then after an hour fancied another" the picture of me rifle and scope with alumina covers are on there dont know why they are not in my gallery.
Hi Steyer 6.5,
Found the picture as above, very neat fit, i'm off to the shop.
atb Blue.

Back