help needed

johnny77

can anyone recommened a good cleaning kit for a 223 rifle and tell me how often should i clean it..thanks

I looked at cleaning kits and you end up with a lot of stuff you wont use so i bought a cleaning rod (£25) a calibre specific mop, brush and jag (£10 for 3), along with some patches and barrel cleaner, thats all i use. Everyone is different as well - some people clean after every outing, i usually clean the barrel out after every 100 rounds or so. Bushwear do a cheap cleaning kit, i think the make is tetra and that has all the above but the rod isnt up to much, i think there around £25.

Im guessing you mean cleaing the barrel? If you just mean the rifle i give it wipe over with cloth covered in vp90 after every outing and if it gets really wet i take the stock off and give it a wipe undernaeth as well.

At the very least get a Bore snake, and pull throught 3 times after a day out. then once in a while a bore foam and rod /jag with patches

i've never used an bore guide before, or seen one if im honest, where can i get theses and do you use them for every caliber??

Back