Deer Fencing

Thanks for the info Muntiacus, I was stalking with one of the old gentlemen of deer management today. We walked along a line of six foot fence, every few feet we saw that the fence had been pulled up at the base and a scrape dug underneath it. The Old wise one asked if I knew what had caused it. 'Fox' I said? 'No' says he, 'muntjac they can also clear the fence if they are in a hurry!' :eek:
Not enough is known of these magical pixie folk deer. I am personally interested in any information about them. Has anyone else any interesting stories?

mr B
from what you say yes i hav no doubt a munty will be using this hole under the fence but you will probally find that a badger or fox has caused the holes in the first place as for munties jumping six feet i think the LA nicks are after a new center forward :lol::lol:

You could be right Stone, but I have seen muntjac in some odd places. In the under ground tunnels of a flight of canal locks fore instance. I tried to help out, I ran home to get my rifle. When I got back the soddin fire brigade had rescued it! :evil:

this is where your inexperiance shows you should always carry a sharp knife just for cases like this as that poor distressed deer being man handled and then released may probally die and the meat wasted what is this world coming too you missed out on a good oppurtunity to fill your freezer and a good story to post on this site :lol:

Yes but knowing my luck the bloody thing would have charged me, stomped all over me and then ran off! Nasty dangerous little monsters, all funny looking antlers and big pointy teeth! :eek: This is the reason that they don't put bayonets on stalking rifles! :lol:

Back