Thread: Chiller problems

Chiller problems

I recently brought a chiller which is stored in my garage, but it is only cooling to 8 or 9 degrees I have heard that this can be 'normal' and that they can struggle if the 'outside' temperature that they are operating in is low.

Can anyone confirm whether this is actually 'normal' or whether there might be a problem with the chiller.

I am sure Sikadog will answer this one! Could be a number f things, for me it was my thermostat and I fitted a new one with a little instruction from the aforementioned member!

Just move it into your lounge where the air temp will be higher, or borrow the young lady's hair dryer and stand pointing it at the chiller until summer.

Is the compressor a small black thing abour half the size of a loaf of bread it should be at the back at the bottom vibrating constantly or is it going on and off if it is running constantly I suspect it short of gas PM me your number and I will give you a ring.
    AT THE AGE OF 50 I DECIDED I WAS GOING TO GROW OLD F***ING DISGRACEFULLY

Quote Originally Posted by sikadog View Post
    Is the compressor a small black thing abour half the size of a loaf of bread it should be at the back at the bottom vibrating constantly or is it going on and off if it is running constantly I suspect it short of gas PM me your number and I will give you a ring.
    When I checked this morning it (Danfoss fr11g) didn't appear to be vibrating, but I will check again this evening.

I will PM you my number.

Thanks

May not be relivent but my tea room fridge was given to me for the same reason. It worked perfectly for five years and possibly still going. The wee man that put the light out had dies. The repair was to remove the bulb.

Quote Originally Posted by Oh6 View Post
    When I checked this morning it (Danfoss fr11g) didn't appear to be vibrating, but I will check again this evening.
    Just checked it again this evening and it still does not seem to be vibrating.