Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Game Meat Laws

Game Meat Laws

Thought it was a Goverment Scam when it was introduced, Doe's anyone else think that all the Red tape and bureaucracy surrounding "Game Meat Laws" in the Uk, is to pardon the pun "A bit Rich". Too Quote; After 1 January 2006, ALL game supplied to ANY game dealer (as opposed to a retail butcher or the final consumer) must have been inspected by a "trained hunter". A numbered declaration must be attached to each deer carcass to this effect!!.

All this B*llox, in lieu of the latest finding 100% Horse meat in a Findus "Ping Ping" Beef lasagne!!! Wot a joke! just another form of Tax with a capital "T"

its hardly new

Coffee being smelled?.... Tills ringing?
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!

Quote Originally Posted by bobt View Post
    its hardly new
    Sorry Bob, I must have missed the forum rule that it had to be New to post!

but its seven years ago,

I think its a good thing otherwise you might end up eating horse
    BARONY TRAINED NINJA

i think it was a good thing to introduce this, as if you have done the 1 day course it teaches you about the diseases deer can get and how to inspect a carcass
    and its organs , lymph nodes ect ,its very informative and worth while doing
    also it prevents deer and game getting into the food chain that hasnt been inspected by a certificated person [ie deer that travelers and poachers ACQUIRE ]

Berkshire then Dorset now Herefordshire with a good dose of Dorset
    Blog Entries
    View my Gallery (15)View my Gallery (15)
    Quote Originally Posted by 6.5rem700 View Post
    also it prevents deer and game getting into the food chain that hasnt been inspected by a certificated person [ie deer that travelers and poachers ACQUIRE ]
    I'm sorry to say that if you really think that then you are naive.
    I know game dealers that take my tags off and put theirs on!
    I know that some local pubs are buying from other sources and putting it on their menu. One stalker who is selling into a local pub told a gamekeeper if he didn't then the poachers would, so he believed it kept the poachers away.
    Although the legislation is in place to stop them buying from other sources it still happens and no one checks.
    Ask your game dealer the next time you see him if his books are ever checked to make sure he has sellers details, and then ask him if he has ever checked a sellers details are correct. Who do you check with?
    Last edited by teyhan1; 08-02-2013 at 18:53.
    “Man surprised me most about humanity. Because he sacrifices his health in order to make money.Then he sacrifices money to recuperate his health. And then he is so anxious about the future that he does not enjoy the present; the result being that he does not live in the present or the future; he lives as if he is never going to die, and then dies having never really lived.”........Dalai Lama

Quote Originally Posted by teyhan1 View Post
    I'm sorry to say that if you really think that then you are naive.
    I know game dealers that take my tags off and put theirs on!
    I know that some local pubs are buying and putting it on their menu.
    Although the legislation is in place to stop them buying from other sources it still happens and no one checks.
    Ask your game dealer the next time you see him if his books are ever checked to make sure he has sellers details, and then ask him if he has ever checked a sellers details are correct. Who do you check with?
    no i am not naive, ime quite aware this still goes on

Quote Originally Posted by bobt View Post
    but its seven years ago,
    Ha!! One Line Bob!! Its not seven years since they announced Horse meat in food supplied via "Blue Chip" companys producing and supplying to the masses, the self same companys(Findus, Tesco's etc)of whom are supposedly operating to the most stringent Food regulations in Europe!! My point being if they aint bothering to monitor those, why regulate Fred in a shed !! They care jack **** about the publics well being, its all about extra revenue.