Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Heym SR20

Heym SR20

Well I have just done something that I thought I would never do, I have just parted with my superb little 6.5x57 Heym SR21 as I have done a deal on a MINT and I do mean MINT Heym SR20 in .270 win.
    I had a SR20 which I got new in .30-06 and the worst thing I ever did was sell it. I have been on the hunt for another SR20 for some time and my first choice to be honest was again in .30-06. I have never owned a .270, though it was the first centre fire rifle I ever fired and that was an old BSA. I know the .270 is somewhat out of vogue at the moment but It is a classic and I am sure it will come around again.
    I am looking forward to doing some loading for the Heym and I think I will concentrate on the classic 130grn loads. The other thing I am going to leave this rifle as a classic (with it's open sights) put an 8x56 (probably) Swarovski and not screw cut the barrel.
    The ORDNANCE QF 18 pounder Field Gun......I wonder if they will let me have one of these on an open ticket

Hope you enjoy it as much as the last one. I too bought a SR21 in .308 earlier in the winter. Haven't got out with it much yet. It's a lovely classic gun and I too am debating wether to get it screw cut or not. I've got apel swing off's so I can use the open sights.
    I think with the recent reviews etx these well made guns will see an increase in following. Happy hunting.

Did you buy it from reeves at royal berks by any chance? If you did my friend sold it to them and it is mint.If it is the one my friend had not used it in about ten years or more and the previous owner to that only used it a couple of times a year on scotland trips

Yes I got it from Simon and what a superb example it is and it sounds like the one you are talking about. Is your friend the chap who sadly recieved a very serious injury to his eye? If so tell him I was the other chap in the shop with Simon and I will cherish his superb SR20.
    The ORDNANCE QF 18 pounder Field Gun......I wonder if they will let me have one of these on an open ticket

i sold a left hand SR20 stutzen , the worst days trade i have ever made,

I have been toying with the idea of buying an SR21 myself - what do you chaps like about them so much?

hi mate ive had a sr 20 in 8x68 for some time now they are a lovely riflevery accurate and a pleasure to handle i use mine for boar hunting

I like them as well!

Edchef. They are a well made but modern looking action very like the sauer. The bolt is fluted but heavy and runs slick in it's guides. Timber is of good grade and fitted well, and more importantly is well balanced. Classic looks with deep blue finish to metal. Mine is the continental stock with the cheek piece but they all seem to have decent timber. I think they are a rifle that if you get on with it you'll keep it for life. Hence you don't see too many second hand for sale.

Quote Originally Posted by Sako3006 View Post
    Yes I got it from Simon and what a superb example it is and it sounds like the one you are talking about. Is your friend the chap who sadly recieved a very serious injury to his eye? If so tell him I was the other chap in the shop with Simon and I will cherish his superb SR20.

Evening mate !
    Tom