Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bargains in USA / Canada

Bargains in USA / Canada

I'm off to Canada for a couple of weeks in the summer and wondered what (if any) fishing / shooting related bargains can be had compared to here in the UK in a like for like basis.

I will be heading down to Seattle for a couple of days as well straight past a Cabela store so will be popping in there.

Im not talking about things that are a couple of pounds cheaper more real savings like a third less or half of what they cost here.

Any ideas? I need to get saving

I have been to Canada a few times and everything connected with shooting is cheaper exept the shooting itself.
    AT THE AGE OF 50 I DECIDED I WAS GOING TO GROW OLD F***ING DISGRACEFULLY

Look on there web site before going, main savings I found are clothes, boots. But mostly things you don,t see over here like BBQ sauce , jerky mixes etc.

Best thing to do. Go into a hunting store buy a fishing permit. Go to Walmart buy a rod and reel.
    You can then go to any lake and fish. Perfect!
    this what I do when I visit my family over there. Trout fishing with a spin cast rod great fun and cheap.

Quote Originally Posted by Buckbones View Post
    Best thing to do. Go into a hunting store buy a fishing permit. Go to Walmart buy a rod and reel.
    this what I do when I visit my family over there. Trout fishing with a spin cast rod great fun and cheap.
    Even better with a fly rod

As above checkout Cabelas for discounts before you go, also fantastic discounts on Gopro Hero 2 cameras at the moment as the 3 has just come out.
    Cheers
    Richard

Remember there is tax to pay on your return over £250 i think ............saving wise you pay there in $ what we pay in £ over here . big savings ,look at bass pro as well

Quote Originally Posted by Buckbones View Post
    Save time and buy everything at Wal-mart; they sell the licenses as well.

You'll also need an outdoors card as well as your fishing permit. They don't cost a lot, and as said above if you drive past somewhere that looks nice just pull up and fish. While I was there I bought a diawa 6foot spinning rod and reel loaded with line and a box of spinners for about $50.

Cheers. Matt.

...will I send my shopping list in excel, pdf or word format??

Quality glass is no cheaper, and be carefull what you try and bring back as certain scopes are illegal to export,

I was in Colorado recentely with money burning a hole in ma pocket, and came home with nowt. Nothing was a bargain, cept rifles,, they were cheap as chips.