New to this

EDCM

Hi all

I just signed up after reading a few threads.

I have just applied for the Pre-DSC as I have very little knowledge of Stalking or centre fire rifle shooting, I have also been told that it will help towards my FAC application. This looks like a whole new world that could be very interesting (and expensive).

Can anyone point me to any threads on here suitable for complete novices as preperation to the course please.

I have experience of shotgun and rimfire on a friends farm but as I said above no experience of centre fire.

Also has anyone else attended this course? any idea what sort of clothing I should take? I dont want to turn up being the only one not in a gilly suit.

Eddie

Hi There,
Welcome to the site (where abouts in essex are you?)
I started stalking last january and did dsc1 with jelen last june. As far as I have experienced, Essex police have been great. Applied for my FAC last march and had it in my hand 8 weeks later.
Things that I feel helped my application run smoothly were definately being enrolled to do DSC1 and being a member of a rifle club. Also had letters from a couple of stalkers I had been out with and letters from a couple more proving I had bookings.

As far as what to take on the pre dsc1 course, I'd just wear your normal clothing for the classroom elements and take outdoor clothing for the range work etc.

Feel free to PM me if you want any more info on my FAC application etc.

All the best,
Mike

Back