Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: bagies finger bitten off by a fox in Bromley

bagies finger bitten off by a fox in Bromley

Updated: 09 February 2013 21:17 | By pa.press.net

Baby's finger bitten off by Fox

Police are investigating after a baby was attacked by a fox in Bromley

Police are investigating a fox attack on a one-month-old baby boy which left his hand seriously injured.
    The animal tore the infant's finger off after dragging him from his cot after entering his bedroom in Bromley, south-east London, according to reports.
    A Metropolitan Police spokesman said: "We were called at 1638 on Wednesday 6 February by staff at St Thomas's Hospital to reports a baby boy who had been admitted to hospital after being attacked by a fox.
    "Police attended to find a four-week-old baby with a hand injury.
    "The baby was admitted to hospital after the attack at its home address in Bromley.
    "Inquiries continue."
    The child's mother was alerted by his screaming and rushed into his room to see his hand lodged "halfway down the animal's throat", the Mail on Sunday said.
    Surgeons were able to reattach the baby's finger and he was said to be recovering well.
    I wish I was half the hunter my dog thinks I am

The story has made the BBC News now as well:

BBC News - Fox attacked baby boy in own home, police say

...in fact it is now all over the various news websites.
    Last edited by Oh6; 09-02-2013 at 22:26.

Hope somebody interviews Brian May about it.
    He keeps telling people how harmless foxes are, Im sure he would twist the story round until the baby ended up getting the blame.
    sinbad
    I wish I was half the hunter my dog thinks I am

An RSPCA spokesperson said

" the only reason a fox will attack is, if its in fear "

a one month old baby must have really scared it sh....less!!

craggy

Quote Originally Posted by Craggy View Post
    An RSPCA spokesperson said

" the only reason a fox will attack is, if its in fear "

craggy
    What never ceases to amaze me is how comfortable people are making statements that they know are complete fabrications and falsehoods just to further their own cause.... Do these muppets really believe the complete sh*te they talk?

This morning's news items included an interview with the guy at the head of the pest control organisation/association, I got a real anti undercurrent feeling from the female half of the team that fronts the program, the pest control guy fielded very well I thought. The Fox is a very capable and opportunistic predator, but then we in the real world know that , don't we!
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!

Quote Originally Posted by Rangefinder View Post
    What never ceases to amaze me is how comfortable people are making statements that they know are complete fabrications and falsehoods just to further their own cause.... Do these muppets really believe the complete sh*te they talk?
    The problem is that most people only see a fox scurrying about, or running in front of their car. The days where everyone had lost a chicken or a pet cat to a fox are gone, so they have very little knowledge, and a man from the ROYAL Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals comes across on the TV as an authority, whilst people who work or live in the country are denigrated by the BBC et al as some sort of bumpkin with a pathological hatred of all animals.
    .308, because if I want to watch something run away, I'll take my dog for a walk.

Might add 'screaming baby' to my foxpro!

Quote Originally Posted by SussexFallow View Post
    Might add 'screaming baby' to my foxpro!
    Dare I say it. It works.