Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Pounds or Euros ?

Pounds or Euros ?

55 days till we land in London before Rome and the Amalfi Coast.

How widespread is the use of euros in London ? if at all ? I'm just trying to calculate how much to exchange etc..

Do you have a credit debit card, euros can be used but I wouldn't say there use is wide spread
    Victory goes to the player who makes the next-to-last mistake..

You probably got more chance of getting most places to accept beer mats than euros mate. The currency of the U.K. is the good old British pound except at the larger tourist attractions where the money grabbing bandits will take dustbin lids or any form of currency that they can rob you of. Whatever you bring make sure you have lots of it because London isn't cheap.
    It's the calibre of the shooter that counts not the calibre of the rifle.

Bring your wellies, its raining again.

stick with GBP fpr London-you should see the faces people pull when you try to use bank notes from a N.Irish bank in England even though its just sterking from a different bank!

ATB

FNF

GBP in UK/London. Wherever you see a sign saying Exchange Bureau or Bank.....think Robbers! ATB
    Blaser K95 Luxus Kipplaufbüchse .25-06Rem. Zeiss 8x56, 110gn Nosler Accubond = Game Over!

Quote Originally Posted by deeangeo View Post
    GBP in UK/London. Wherever you see a sign saying Exchange Bureau or Bank.....think Robbers! ATB
    Where ever you see a sign saying London think robbers.

Only joking mate. Have a good time and enjoy it but get out of London and see some of the rest of the U.K. while over here. Don't judge the U.K. on London where a massive rip off tourist industry has developed. The British do not live in London. If you want to meet real British people and see how the real people live get out and look further afield. There are some great places not too far out of the city.
    It's the calibre of the shooter that counts not the calibre of the rifle.

Quote Originally Posted by 8x57 View Post
    If you want to meet real British people and see how the real people live get out and look further afield. There are some great places not too far out of the city.
    Blaser K95 Luxus Kipplaufbüchse .25-06Rem. Zeiss 8x56, 110gn Nosler Accubond = Game Over!

Thx fellas,

This will be my 5th visit to London (and the UK) my favourite city in the world (after Sydney). I have relations in Cornwall. The womenfolk have never been though, so I'm afraid its the tourist traps for us.

GBP it is

My daughter was over here last year from the Brisbane area with a friend.
    They were robbed and lost their cameras, bank cards, cash and return tickets. I had given her £500 for her birthday and that too was lost.
    The South of England is over-run with thieving foreign scum plus our own worthless ratbags so be careful and make sure you have adequate insurance, hers only covered cash up to £350.

Enjoy your trip.

HWH.