Thread: Bi-Pod For A Square Stock

Bi-Pod For A Square Stock

Hi All,

I'm after a bi-pod for my 22.250, but being a Parker Hale 1200 it has a broad square profile to the forend and all the bi-pods I've seen look like they're designed for smaller more rounded profiles.

Does any one out there know if these rounded profiles will fit ok, or know of a particular make or model which would be a better fit on my rifle better.

As always many thanks,

Jim

Hi. I can not comment on other types of bi-pod but What I have on all my rifles is a small piece of u profiles picatinny rail that attaches to the front swivel stud. I then attach an Accushot bipod to the picatinny rail and it has a quick release clamp mechanism. On and off in a matter of seconds and it will suit the square profiled end of a stock. The bipods are not cheap but you only need one for all your rifles. I got mine from Dan at Tacfire systems. Hope this helps.

I have a Versa-pod style bipod on my Bell & Carlson stock that has a wide flat forend. I found that a piece of glasspaper on a bench and 15 minutes of my time was enough to shape the hand-stop/spigot section so that it fitted well.