FAC Shotgun advice needed.

mjd237

Ok gents here goes i have sold my 22-250 so now have that slot spare so its either use it or lose it time so iam thinking on a 1 for 1 and getting fac shotgun.
Now as i dont have an sgc my question is do i have the authority to purchase cartridges on my fac? and do they come under the same criteria as rifle ammunition i.e. Buy and hold.
Thanks in advance.

Ok gents here goes i have sold my 22-250 so now have that slot spare so its either use it or lose it time so iam thinking on a 1 for 1 and getting fac shotgun.
Now as i dont have an sgc my question is do i have the authority to purchase cartridges on my fac? and do they come under the same criteria as rifle ammunition i.e. Buy and hold.
Thanks in advance.

Standard shotgun ammo can be bought by showing an SGC or FAC but they are not covered by the FAC in terms of any authority. The police only mention section 1shotgun ammo eg slug

Am i right in saying that anyone can own shotgun cartridges, and a sgc holder can buy and give (you) cartridges? Or am I making that up?! Maybe not the most above board way of doing things mind.... But as there is no limit on how many cartridges you can own...

instead of missing once you now want to miss 8 times.... my vari went in wed and my conversion was done 1 week later not bad 7 days. get it in mate was a nice semi in weldon tonight.

and that wasnt just me looking at all the shiny new stuff haha

Last edited:
Am i right in saying that anyone can own shotgun cartridges, and a sgc holder can buy and give (you) cartridges? Or am I making that up?! Maybe not the most above board way of doing things mind.... But as there is no limit on how many cartridges you can own...
Correct. You can hold shotgun cartridges that are not under fac rules (ie, slug etc) without holding a ticket. You can hold as many as you want, but I'm sure if you had a few thousand, security of them could be an issue, but I'm not 100% sure if you 'need' to secure like rifle ammo, I do, but that's because I don't hold many and have a fair size ammo cabinet

Pete

My last one went in in March 2012, got it back late Jan this year - riddled with mistakes plus they missed off one rifle altogether.

Which force are you with??
I put one in Wednesday, pick up ticket tomorrow, or can wait for post Monday. Wilts ;)

Pete

I put one in Wednesday, pick up ticket tomorrow, or can wait for post Monday. Wilts ;)

Pete

Very happy for ya...but the question was directed to exmarksman9870, as I have a feeling he may be the same force as I am

...seems strange that one variation can take a week & another a year....

Very happy for ya...but the question was directed to exmarksman9870, as I have a feeling he may be the same force as I am

...seems strange that one variation can take a week & another a year....
Hes with Northumbria mate same as me and sorry to say hes my mate! Lol. (hes a good lad really just a terrible shot)

Hes with Northumbria mate same as me and sorry to say hes my mate! Lol. (hes a good lad really just a terrible shot)

...explains it - just his profile said he was Scottish Borders!!
Scottish = NOT in England - so he MAY have been under L&B... The fact he is not covers the difference...

I know where his possible confusion lies - my last farm cottage was in Scotland but had a Berwick post-code - caused lots of hilarity with misdirected mail & the like

...explains it - just his profile said he was Scottish Borders!!
Scottish = NOT in England - so he MAY have been under L&B... The fact he is not covers the difference...

I know where his possible confusion lies - my last farm cottage was in Scotland but had a Berwick post-code - caused lots of hilarity with misdirected mail & the like
Yeah he gets slightly confused at times yep i know all about the postcode confusion!

My last one went in in March 2012, got it back late Jan this year - riddled with mistakes plus they missed off one rifle altogether.

Which force are you with??

im with northumbria mate much better than lothian,,,, i
live in berwick

Last edited:
I hope you hurry and get yours as these shells dont buy them selfs and your very trigger happy... i thought you was back on the gimpy.......

Well, stop buying them and roll your own!!

Good fun making solid slug - I've even got a selection of different slug molds - as well as the different machines & tools for making up the finished cartridges

Back