Foxes eyesight

Sako 3006

Just a thought really as to how far a fox can see at night?? is their eyesight better than ours ??,I know the scent comes first but what about the eyesight ??

Not sure if they can see that much IR camo. I have black glass on a 500,000 cp lamp with a N550 on a .22lr. With this i have had very lamp shy foxes come in no problem to under 40 yds, I always think that they can be as squeak shy as lamp shy!

Despite what the advertising says they can see green light, there's one round here that is lamp shy of my ND3x50...

Bit tricky to mount but worth it:

2015-Poo-Lightshow-with-Bab_zps6b1151fb.jpg

:fox:

I think it all depends on the amount of ambient light. If the moon's out, they can see amazing distances. It is, however, important to remember that even in daylight they are good at spotting movement, but are bad at shape recognition.

I need to read some more into it but I have heard that foxes can see 802nm but not 850nm. Now I have a laser which I am told works at 802 and the fox could defiunitely see it the other week. I now have a night master 800 which I believe is at 850 so will be interested to see the difference if any.

I need to read some more into it but I have heard that foxes can see 802nm but not 850nm. Now I have a laser which I am told works at 802 and the fox could defiunitely see it the other week. I now have a night master 800 which I believe is at 850 so will be interested to see the difference if any.

Ye i hope to be testing a 915nm laser next week, will let you know how i get on. I have a 880nm ir strobe that is total covert to the human eye yet very bright for the nv.

Back