BSS for Jelen Deer Services

Jelendeer

Hi Everyone,

Just a word of thanks to all those who came to see us at the BSS 2013. The show was an incredible success for us, with record sales of equipment and training - with our Advanced Deer Management course being of the most interest to both novice and experienced stalkers alike, with our DSC2 initiative being a close second. Jelen High Seats created a great deal of interest, as did sales of our brand new TB in deer video, released on Saturday at the show.

I would like to say a very special thank you to our fantastic team comprising of Malcolm Brown (Director of Jelen Eastern Region), Heather Brown (Business Development Manager - Jelen Eastern Region) David Watson (Director of Jelen Deer Services), Paul Wase (Events Manager - Jelen Deer Services), Norman Bartlett (Senior Field Operator), Greg Keeble (Taxidermist) and Deidre Dyer (Sales).

A huge thank you goes to Heather and Deirdre who were the finest support crew we could ever have wished for, and my sincere thanks for the great work you both did.

Finally, to all our friends and supporters old and new, our clients, customers and associates, and not least to my great friend Mike Norris (Brock and Norris Custom Rifles), who is never far away when we need a helping hand, and of course to John Bartrams and his team for another superb event. Thank you all for helping make the BSS a huge success for Jelen Deer Services - our yearly social event.

We'll be posting some pictures of Jelen at the BSS on our blog very soon. www.jelendeer.com/blog

Best regards,

Mike.
(Managing Director - Jelen Deer Services)

I’m glad you had a good show Mike because your stand and that of Mike Norris were some of the better ones at the show, properly organised and orderly unlike some that were just an absolute shambles and totally chaotic with staff seemingly unable to simply give you a price on anything. My friend is delighted with the saw that he bought off you and which appears to be of better quality and cheaper than was on sale elsewhere at the show.
P.S. We forgot to ask for our free beer, we are both site members. Next time.:rofl:

I had a chat with mike but I thought that 9am was a bit early to ask for my free beer! :rofl:

8x57, it will be there for you next year!! and PointBlank, you should have taken the chance and carried the can/s with you - Not often a half Irish Yorkshireman gives anything away!!! :D

Good to see you guys anyway.

Regards,

Mike.
(Director - Jelen Deer Services) Jelen Deer

Sounds like you made the best of a tough show... The threads on here have been full of disappointed punters, and I'm glad I decided to give it a miss this year.

Back to Newark next year, or crack with better organisation at Stoneleigh? Who knows, but the debrief needs to be brutally honest

Cheers
i.

Sounds like you made the best of a tough show... The threads on here have been full of disappointed punters, and I'm glad I decided to give it a miss this year.

Back to Newark next year, or crack with better organisation at Stoneleigh? Who knows, but the debrief needs to be brutally honest

Cheers
i.

To be honest Iain, it was a good show. All the traders I spoke to had some record sales.

The only problem was some parking issues on the Saturday - but it didn't affect us at all, and they seemed to get it all sorted for the Sunday.

I think the organisers did a great job to say it was a new venue for them, but all in all it was a great experience for most. ... Except for the serial moaners!!!!

Regards,

Mike.
(Durector - Jelen Deer Services) Jelen Deer

Sorry Mike but I have to disagree with you there - in my opinion there were very serious problems with the organisation of the event. I have been involved with the licensing of large places of assembly and public events and I would say that there were some very serious issues that needed to be addressed.

Nice to see you and Dave again Mike good stand and nice to have a bit of banter will see you in a couple of weeks when Kev brings the stuff down
ATB Paul

Mike just watched your dvd very good mate excelent fotage will give a good insite to all that see it. speack to you soon mate

Sorry Mike but I have to disagree with you there - in my opinion there were very serious problems with the organisation of the event. I have been involved with the licensing of large places of assembly and public events and I would say that there were some very serious issues that needed to be addressed.

Hi there,

Point taken, as you are involved in organising events then you will pick up on things that we as traders simply don't appreciate. I only speak for myself o this.

Regards,

Mike.

Hi there,

Point taken, as you are involved in organising events then you will pick up on things that we as traders simply don't appreciate. I only speak for myself o this.

Regards,

Mike.

Out of professional interest Mike was trading generaly better on Saturday or Sunday?
I assume from the reports that I have read that attendance figures were significantly lower on the Sunday.

Out of professional interest Mike was trading generaly better on Saturday or Sunday?
I assume from the reports that I have read that attendance figures were significantly lower on the Sunday.

Certainly better on Saturday than we would ever have expected. Sunday was very good, but about 30% down on the Saturday.

Hope that helps.

Regards,

Mike.
(Director - Jelen Deer Services) Jelen Deer

Back