Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: High seat signage

High seat signage

I am in need of a new supply of 'No unauthorised use' signage for 10 new high seats I am installing.
    The price of some I have looked at seems ridiculous at around 13 each for plastic. Does anyone know of a supplier with sensible prices ? They only look as though they should only be a few quid each to me

I looked at getting some done last year and got a price for 100 which worked out at about 3 each. They had a picture of a ladder with a red prohibited cicle and cross through with the words 'No unauthorised use' below. I need about 20, you need about 10. Anyone else need some and I could maybe arrange a group buy?
    MS

Ok not many but I will have 2!

Put me down for 5. More professional than the white paint "keep the F**K off!
    Wingy

Are these ones any good?
    i cannot post a link but if you search screwfix for item numbers 46528 or 69941
    regards
    Bill

Out of interest is there a definitively “compliant” sign in terms of min size, wording, image and colour/s?

hi try ab graphics on 0114 2441122 and ask for brendon, tell him steve at grena scaffolding has given you his number, tell him what you want how big and how many, he's as cheap as chips.
    stav
    if your going too be dumb you have too be tough

Quote Originally Posted by dersbum View Post
    Are these ones any good?
    i cannot post a link but if you search screwfix for item numbers 46528 or 69941
    regards
    Bill
    They are ok Bill, but they are not very sturdy and measure 8" x 6" which is massive and sticks out like a dogs Bollok!

Quote Originally Posted by Klenchblaize View Post
    Out of interest is there a definitively “compliant” sign in terms of min size, wording, image and colour/s?
    That's a good question which i don't think there is a definitive answer to. There are government websites which give guidance as to colours, pictorial info, and letter sizes in relation to distance viewed, but it is merely guidance. As long as it can be seen and understood by anyone who might climb your seat without authority, then i believe you would have exercised a 'duty of care' within the eyes of the law.
    The ones I designed were about 2" wide and 4" tall, designed to go one either a upright or rung made from 4"x2" wood. They can be mounted on a metal seat by other means such as a seperate wooden plaque. Any larger may draw unwanted attention to your seat by making it too obvious!??
    The ones I would order will be 4" x 2".
    MS

SD Regular
    There's many that found that the best way to keep people away from something or off land was a sign, nearby, saying "DANGER ADDERS" with a picture of said viper....

It discourages both casuals AND the more persistent type of dog walker...

Quote Originally Posted by enfieldspares View Post
    There's many that found that the best way to keep people away from something or off land was a sign, nearby, saying "DANGER ADDERS" with a picture of said viper....

It discourages both casuals AND the more persistent type of dog walker...
    I can see it now....

"DANGER...SNAKES AND LADDERS!"

MS