Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: shooting dogs worrying livestock

shooting dogs worrying livestock

Has any one got a condition on their certificate for shooting dogs with a rifle, i know i can do it with a shotgun, but a rifle is more humane.

Rubbish. Have you ever seen a dog worry livestock? They don't stand for a nice shot.

Unless they are your livestock it's really not a can of worms you want to open.

Section 161 of the Highways Act 1980 (England & Wales) makes it an offence to discharge a firearm within 50 ft of the centre of a highway with vehicular rights without lawful authority or excuse, if as a result a user of the highway is injured, interrupted or endangered.

People that would shoot a dog deserve the wrath they unleash upon thereselves. Unless you are a farmer and can prove the dog you shot was causing you losses you will wave your licences bye-bye.

Quote Originally Posted by robxro View Post
    Has any one got a condition on their certificate for shooting dogs with a rifle, i know i can do it with a shotgun, but a rifle is more humane.
    lmao..... you must have been on a good sesh....
    Blessed be the sheeple for they shall inherit bugger all...

Actually had it as a condition on my FAC , for 222, years ago. (80s)We used to get a lot of bother and the police were more than happy for it to go on. Quite often the dogs were strays and just as wild as a fox on the hill, since dog wardens came on the scene it has pretty much stopped

not anymore, although the wording is vague enough to cover you. I have no intention of doing it now though.

a local farmers son ,who has a history of shooting dogs then bragging about them, last year shot a lurcher with a rifle with a police man next to him, the dog was 13 years old and i can swear had never worried any livestock, the same farmers son shoots alot of deer at night whilst supposidly foxing , havent a clue how he gets away with it ,he even takes photos of them to show folk,realy does make my blood boil, anyway, rant over

the farmer i shoot for had a pair black labs killing the lambs 48 in a few nights just picking them up and crushing them in their jaws just for fun he would have shot them but didnt have his shotgun , he told me that if i see them shoot them i said who permission do i need the police he no mine the two labs are alive and well, he found out whos they were, not that i want to shoot some ones pet and not the the dog fault but thats alot of money to lose its his living, he did say to the owner of the dogs that me and him would be out the next few nights with rifle she took the hint and chained them up, but we found out later his farm was not the only farm to lose lambs to this pair of killers

Quote Originally Posted by dollman View Post
    the farmer i shoot for had a pair black labs killing the lambs 48 in a few nights just picking them up and crushing them in their jaws just for fun he would have shot them but didnt have his shotgun , he told me that if i see them shoot them i said who permission do i need the police he no mine the two labs are alive and well, he found out whos they were, not that i want to shoot some ones pet and not the the dog fault but thats alot of money to lose its his living, he did say to the owner of the dogs that me and him would be out the next few nights with rifle she took the hint and chained them up, but we found out later his farm was not the only farm to lose lambs to this pair of killers
    If they were my dogs I would shoot them my self. There is no place for dogs that worry stock and once they have done it they will always do it. the problem is as almost always the fault of the owners.
    Tusker

Quote Originally Posted by tusker View Post
    If they were my dogs I would shoot them my self. There is no place for dogs that worry stock and once they have done it they will always do it. the problem is as almost always the fault of the owners.
    Tusker
    +1 a lot of dog owners are irresponsible idiots, the dog suffers for their stupidity, some people just havn't a clue

As someone who losses lambs every yr and even a calf one yr to dogs, you are dreaming if you think you will shoot one with a rifle. I have had to run one over with a quad as I did not have a gun and it was moving so fast.