Thread: Its the simple things :)

Its the simple things :)

After a few months living away from my home town I got back last week and received an invitation to do a couple of hours ferreting with a retired keeper only out for a couple of hours and only ended up with a dozen rabbits but I've got to say I really enjoyed it more than any other sport I have in a long time I've been in days ferreting where the bag has ended up nearly 200 between 5 of us but it doesn't compare to these couple of hours spent with the gent who took me out for the first time well over 20 years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by jimbo1984 View Post
    After a few months living away from my home town I got back last week and received an invitation to do a couple of hours ferreting with a retired keeper only out for a couple of hours and only ended up with a dozen rabbits but I've got to say I really enjoyed it more than any other sport I have in a long time I've been in days ferreting where the bag has ended up nearly 200 between 5 of us but it doesn't compare to these couple of hours spent with the gent who took me out for the first time well over 20 years ago.
    Tops nice to hear good things happen still DJC
    Last edited by DJC; 13-02-2013 at 07:11.

SD Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by DJC View Post
    Tops nice to good hear good things happen still DJC
    Bit early for a wee dram dave ?
    BE PREPARED IT WASNT RAINING WHEN THEY BUILT THE ARC

Aye, you cant beat a bit of ferreting Jimbo,
    I first started in primary school but left it when I started working, eventually got a pair of ferrets a few years ago for my two boys to have a go.
    Shame there is a serious decline of bunnies round my way but it's a cracking day out, never tire of listening for the thump thump then a seeing a stretched net
    Big bags were never my thing but a few for the pot and a bit of a laugh, dare I say it buts its defo "grass roots" hunting at its finest!!