which mod

willowbank

Morning chaps as usual I cannot wait until a "good used" becomes available so looking to buy new mod for .270 Tikka T3 Lite.

Im advised the factory thread is M14X1, and it will be a 30 cal, thing is I dont like long barrels so would like advice on mod that is

a) lightweight b) does not add undue length to barrel. and c) most importantly is efficient.

All help on this will be greatly appreciated, and if you do happen to have a "good used" mod that fit the bill then pm me please.

Regards WB

Morning

Have a look at the Hardy Gen IV. Over the barrel (adds 80mm), only 290g and around £300 from Riflecraft or RFD (got mine from Emmett & Stone in Marlow). Saved me 55% off the weight of my T8 brick!

Cheers
i.

DM80, Dave will custom make it to your request at no extra cost if you contact him direct,

My vote is with the A-TEC CMM4 good sound reduction weighs only 225g and costs £260 ish well worth it in my opinion......

Have a chat with Colin from One Less Charlie as he did me a cracking mod for my 300wm and its very light in comparison to other similar size "named" brands. He will tailor it for what you want and if you want you can get it painted :)

Have a chat with Colin from One Less Charlie as he did me a cracking mod for my 300wm and its very light in comparison to other similar size "named" brands. He will tailor it for what you want and if you want you can get it painted :)
I used to rate northstars, still do in fact. But, my next will be one of Colin's (One Less Charlie) . He will do what you want, I've seen his work and can't fault it, the quality is right up there with the 'best' including some of the hellishly expensive ones. They are built to last alright, in fact, do you want my northstar ? It's M14x1 .30 cal, then I can put the money to one of Colin's ;)

My vote is with the A-TEC CMM4 good sound reduction weighs only 225g and costs £260 ish well worth it in my opinion......

It's an end of barrel mod though. Very light, but adds 160mm to the length of the rifle as opposed to the 80mm of the Hardy.

Not a Hardy bigot by the way - just went through this before Crimbo and settled on the Hardy for my requirements!

Cheers
i.

It's an end of barrel mod though. Very light, but adds 160mm to the length of the rifle as opposed to the 80mm of the Hardy.

Not a Hardy bigot by the way - just went through this before Crimbo and settled on the Hardy for my requirements!

Cheers
i.

Sorry buddy should have read your post correctly didn't see you were after an over the barrel type my bad :doh:

My money would be spent on an ASE SL5 .

Doesn't add much length, great noise reduction, looks sensible, cost circa £260 i think.

Back