Thread: Google gun ban

Google gun ban

I have heard that from the 13th Google will ban all shooting / firearms content from their servers .Businesses will suffer and forums damaged if this is true . I have just deleted Google and installed Firefox !

Where have you heard this from, and how will changing your browser make any difference?

http://searchengineland.com/google-w...-search-126487

Might be only in america, its unclear, and also, I could be mistaken, but it looks as though the bit they are pulling is the add window for shopping results, I don't think it will stop you searching for 'rifle scope' or similar......could be wrong, if so, I suspect google have just alienated themselves from a lot of us!

Quote Originally Posted by deerstalker.308 View Post
    http://searchengineland.com/google-w...-search-126487

Might be only in america, its unclear, and also, I could be mistaken, but it looks as though the bit they are pulling is the add window for shopping results, I don't think it will stop you searching for 'rifle scope' or similar......could be wrong, if so, I suspect google have just alienated themselves from a lot of us!
    That article was dated July last year

Quote Originally Posted by Pine Marten View Post
    Where have you heard this from, and how will changing your browser make any difference?
    +1... Need to change search engine not browser. Move to Bing or Yahoo

Cheers
    i.
    Sako 75 6.5x55mm-Z6i 3-18x50. MauserM12 .308-SIII 6-24x50. Beretta 690 III Field 12b.
    "You have enemies? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life."
    Sir Winston Leonard Spencer Churchill (1874-1965)

Quote Originally Posted by PointBlank View Post
    That article was dated July last year
    Ah, didn't see that!

I hope I'm wrong I which case I apologise but I have noticed that of late when following to shooting sites there has been a reply of either "not found" or similar .I try the link in IE and get connected albeit slowly.

We have looked into this. These changes apply only to Google Shopping, not the search engine as a whole. So it will not stop searches for ‘gunshops’ or‘shooting grounds’ or ‘shooting accessories’ for example, but we will not be allowed to sell products through the Google shopping section.

Anyquestions please ask, and I will get my web manager look into it.