Hornady Interbond .308 150 grn

User00035

Any one using these bullets and how do you find them for carcase damage?
I'm shooting 90% Sika and Roe with the odd Fallow and Munty now and again. I'm hoping these might make good all-rounders. I've trying to avoid excessive damge from jacket seperation and I'm hoping these might fit the bill. I went for these when I saw the price of Nosler partition.

Any one using these bullets and how do you find them for carcase damage?
I'm shooting 90% Sika and Roe with the odd Fallow and Munty now and again. I'm hoping these might make good all-rounders. I've trying to avoid excessive damge from jacket seperation and I'm hoping these might fit the bill. I went for these when I saw the price of Nosler partition.

Hello Finch.

I use this bullet, in my .30-06, and it is a very good performer on all sizes of deer from muntjac, up to red. My load produces 2811 FPS, so not massively fast, although it is accurate, but I find that it works well at woodland ranges, and the occasional shot out to 300 yards.

Carcase damage is better than my .243 for sure... bigger bullet, travelling slower develops good energy without sacrificing performance - too much anyway.... I mainly shoot muntjac, roe, and fallow, but I did make a few trips to Dorset for Sika, and one trip North for a red... Not very scientific on the numbers, but all deer shot went down within 10 yards, incl the Sika / Red, and all carcases inspected in the larder were very acceptable to the stalkers involved, and to my butcher whom I sell to locally.

All the best.

Neil.

I have used them for a number a years in my 7mm WSM I have also loaded them in my mates 270 WSMs and a 308,they work very very well,expensive yes but there performance outweighs the cost

Have just moved over to interbond from sst. I find the latter more accurate, but it isn't a big enough difference to concern me on neck shot reds. I have had a few poor penetration / turned bullet issues with the sst. I've had no such issues with the interbond, including quartering chest shots on big hinds.

Thanks chaps. That all sounds very encouraging, particularly the thumbs up for woodland ranges. I shot a few woodland roe with my old Sako gameheads recently and I was getting very bad bruising on the shoulders despite perfect heart shots taken square on, and an overly large entry wound. I was told by a very experienced old hand to suspect jacket separation on entry.
I don't load myself as yet, a mate does it for me so I don't want to mess him about with different loads. We did a trial load with 47 grns of N540. They're certainly accurate. I'll chrono them to see how quick they are. 2800 fps give or take I would have thought would be fast enough.

There are good many older fellows around here that swear by the Hornady 150 Interlock for whitetail deer in the 308 and the 06 . And our typical whitetail should be about the same size as your Sika or Fallow .

I have been shooting paper with this bullet and the Sierra 150 in my old Mannlicher Schoenauer 308 . Also killed deer with the Sierra but not so far with the Hornady .

To be totally honest I'm sold on the polymer tipped bullets made by Nosler , Hornady and Swift but I'm not the one paying the bill !

I have been trying to work up a load in 165 grain Interbond in a 30-06 and a 129 grain load in a 6.5x284, and admit at the moment to be struggling for consistent accuracy.
The load work has been extensive in both powder charge and seating depth (varying from 5 thou off lands out to 40 thou off the lands), so in my rifles it would seem the answer lies further out! I have no doubt on their terminal effects, but they seem to be a bit finickity, fact born out by some research.

For those that have used interbonds are you guys seating them a fair way off the lands ie 50 thou or more? - would be grateful for input!

Regards

HL

I have been trying to work up a load in 165 grain Interbond in a 30-06 and a 129 grain load in a 6.5x284, and admit at the moment to be struggling for consistent accuracy.
The load work has been extensive in both powder charge and seating depth (varying from 5 thou off lands out to 40 thou off the lands), so in my rifles it would seem the answer lies further out! I have no doubt on their terminal effects, but they seem to be a bit finickity, fact born out by some research.

For those that have used interbonds are you guys seating them a fair way off the lands ie 50 thou or more? - would be grateful for input!

Regards

HL

For me I seat them 20 thou off, and get 1" groups at 120 yards, off bi-pod which is used for most of my .30-06 shots. I also crimp mine as part of the reload process, as that seems to work for me / my rifle.

All the best.

Neil.

Generally quite good bullets in 308, have use 165 and 150grain. Sometimes seemed to blow up a bit and invariably shed the core when recovered from a backstop. Had a few do funny things when bone was hit. Now dont use them much unless Im practicing

Back