Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: low budget nightvision

low budget nightvision

This may be wishful thinking, and porbably also a well covered topic, but...

...is there such a thing as a cheap-and-cheerful nightvision scope? Something under 300 to be used for casual bunnying?

Hi Mungo.
    For another 100 you should be able to get one of the new Yukon Photon scope which are scheduled to be released next month.
    I am hanging off from buying a Nite Site/ Nite Eye to see one of them which looks as it will be ideal for me ratting.

Laser Genetics ND3x50 is just what you are looking for........

SD Regular
    Yes there are many options. You'll probably be looking at a Gen1+ unit for that sort of money, so it won't be 'daylight' at 300m, but you'll be able to bunny at 100m - with a good illuminator.
    So, here's the rub - spend good money on a good illuminator - lots out there from the NM800 IR (good because you can change the head to be a 'normal' torch) or a laser like an N808. Both will stand you in good stead once you get the bug and want to upgrade(!)

Your next biggest consideration is whether you want a dedicated scope or an add-on monocular.

Dedicated Scope - look at something like the ATN Aries series - not great mag, but seem to do the job. Either needs a dedicated rifle or lots of re-zeroing - unless you trust QD rings etc. to deliver.
    Add on Monocular - look at the Cobra Merlin or the Pulsar Challenger - clips on to your day scope (so no re-zeroing etc) - but a little fiddly and sets you back on your stock.

Lots of threads on this around - and reasonable choice on the Flea (bay).

You'll find it's a lot of fun.
    Nooooooooooooobody expects the Spanish Inquisition!! Our main weapon is.........

Carrots
    To be sure of hitting the target, shoot first and call whatever you hit the target.

Quote Originally Posted by pilgrimmick View Post
    Carrots

Quote Originally Posted by pilgrimmick View Post
    Carrots
    I don't understand...?

Quote Originally Posted by Mungo View Post
    I don't understand...?
    I suppose he wants to say that eating a lot of carrots will improve your vision...

Quote Originally Posted by Psyxologos View Post
    I suppose he wants to say that eating a lot of carrots will improve your vision...
    Oh. Is there something special about carrots, or will any veg do?

Quote Originally Posted by Mungo View Post
    This may be wishful thinking, and porbably also a well covered topic, but...

...is there such a thing as a cheap-and-cheerful nightvision scope? Something under 300 to be used for casual bunnying?
    If you can find another 100 for a NV scope I have something that will do you nicely, pm me if you are interested.

Regards WB