Thread: Open ticket??

Open ticket??

Is it possible to get an open ticket when your guns are down for target use & paid stalks?

Yes. If you were shooting in Scotland a closed ticket would be useless.

Section 161 of the Highways Act 1980 (England & Wales) makes it an offence to discharge a firearm within 50 ft of the centre of a highway with vehicular rights without lawful authority or excuse, if as a result a user of the highway is injured, interrupted or endangered.

Quote Originally Posted by Apache View Post
    Yes. If you were shooting in Scotland a closed ticket would be useless.
    Thats the amazing bit,i was told that "it doesnt matter in Scotland as they dont check any land so deem it all as safe"!!!!!!....................the words of a nice lady in my local Firearms Dept!!!!!

Land is neither safe or unsafe, it is the user of the firearm who fulfills the criteria. I have never understood the procedure where one person may not shoot as the local FEO has decreed land unsafe for a certain calibre, yet another shooter with an open ticket can legally shoot!
    To be sure of hitting the target, shoot first and call whatever you hit the target.

Quote Originally Posted by pilgrimmick View Post
    Land is neither safe or unsafe, it is the user of the firearm who fulfills the criteria. I have never understood the procedure where one person may not shoot as the local FEO has decreed land unsafe for a certain calibre, yet another shooter with an open ticket can legally shoot!
    +1!!!

SD Regular
    Yes.

But more by accident that design.

My FAC has my stalking rifles OK for target use BY DEFAULT but the (now) one range use rifle is down only for range use.

It was the same when I had a 303 No4. That was in the general authority "The weapons to which this certificate relates may be used for target shooting...." and then specifically for the talking rifles the authority "The 270 and 280 rifles may be used for deer stalking an any other lawful quarry over any land..."

yes an feo can do a land check for say 22lr and say land is unsuitable while someone is shooting say 308 on an 'open' ticket at the same time