Thread: New guy from Cheshire

New guy from Cheshire

Hello Everyone,

I'm James, 26 and live on the Cheshire/Merseyside border. I used to shoot a lot of air rifle in my teens then moved into .22LR target shooting when I moved to the Isle of Man. Since being back in the UK i've started shooting some .22LR and ..357Mag indoors and different rifles at Altcar (using a friend's guns)

I've just purchased a rifle (as in paid for) from my friend but don't have my FAC yet (i'm under Merseyside jurisdiction at the moment but will be under Cheshire when I move) so hope to get that sorted in the near future and take delivery

I would really like to get into deer stalking in the near future so any advice would be greatly appreciated. I assume the best thing to do would be a couple of days beginner course?

Cheers

James

Hello Jimmy,

Welcome to the forum.

You would certainly be doing yourself a favour if you enrolled on The Deer Stalking Course Level 1. It would entail some homework but well worth it. You would learn all the basics regarding deer and hygiene and come away with a recognised certificate which will go towards helping you in the future.

Don't be afraid to ask questions. There are many experienced Stalkers on this site and they are all very helpful people, hopefully they will help steer you in the right direction as they did me.

Good Luck Jim.

Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by PREDATORCONTROL
    Hello Jimmy,

Welcome to the forum.

You would certainly be doing yourself a favour if you enrolled on The Deer Stalking Course Level 1. It would entail some homework but well worth it. You would learn all the basics regarding deer and hygiene and come away with a recognised certificate which will go towards helping you in the future.

Don't be afraid to ask questions. There are many experienced Stalkers on this site and they are all very helpful people, hopefully they will help steer you in the right direction as they did me.

Good Luck Jim.

Steve.
    Thanks for the welcome.

I'll be looking to do the DSC1 at some point for sure!

Hi & welcome Jimmy.
    Im not far from your self just on the border of Manchester & Lancashire.
    They are all a great bunch of folks on here who have given me there advice throught this last year since i've bin a user.
    The dsc level 1 is a great starter point for you to learn deer stalking, & what ever else you are unsure about just ask away on here.

new guy from cheshire

Hi Jim, Just along the road a bit in Chester, Lots of us out here in the sticks! We may already have rubbed shoulders at Altcar or Sealand/Llansillin, Steve. N.R.A. R.C.O. club coach.

Re: new guy from cheshire

Quote Originally Posted by finnbear270
    Hi Jim, Just along the road a bit in Chester, Lots of us out here in the sticks! We may already have rubbed shoulders at Altcar or Sealand/Llansillin, Steve. N.R.A. R.C.O. club coach.
    Steve, which club do you shoot with? I'm with Aintree Pistol.

When on ranges , Phoenix/Warrington rifle&pistol/Grange/Oswestry, I'm very near Sainsbury's food barn.