Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: .25-06 Reloading

.25-06 Reloading

Folks,

new to forum and looking for some advice please; just aquired new Tikka T3 Light 25-06 and trying to get a decent group with 100gr Hornady soft point(interlock) with RL19. Tried 51 to 54 grains of powder and wasn't great and have fiddled with overall case length but still not as tight as I'd like. Any thoughts including powder, bullet seating etc etc.

Many Thanks.

Try them at 20 fow off and get shorter,I am running 85gr nos bal tips on 46.5 grs of varget and they are awesome,they are 38 fow off I think,only 100grainers I tried were nos bal tips an smks which I did run on rel 19 with 53grs,3 shot half inch groups at 200,they were 20 fow off.

Quote Originally Posted by BIG DADDY View Post
    Folks,

new to forum and looking for some advice please; just aquired new Tikka T3 Light 25-06 and trying to get a decent group with 100gr Hornady soft point(interlock) with RL19. Tried 51 to 54 grains of powder and wasn't great and have fiddled with overall case length but still not as tight as I'd like. Any thoughts including powder, bullet seating etc etc.

Many Thanks.
    Whats not as good as you would like? If I was having a problem as you describe I would wind the length back to sammi spec. And work from the bottom powder weight recomended in your data upwards in 1/2grn steps. RL19 should work in the 25-06 as its almost bang on in burn rate to IMR 4831. Post up a photo of your best group there may be more to it that bullet/ powder combo.

At the moment Im running 110grn accu-bonds through mine and Im getting 1/2" groups, but do to the bullet cost Im about to use 117grn interlocks.

nutty

Getting a group of about 2 to 2.5"!

At what distance? 200 metres or further from a Bench or sticks or a Bipod?
    Too Old Soon Too Late Smart

100 metres from a rest

Mmmm is that your smallest? And if so what was your largest BD???

Nutty

Try a different powder.

Now I know the rifle is new but you had better pull it apart and check the bedding and the barrel channel. If your using a Bi-Pod try it off a front bag.

Also seat the bullets with the base of the bullet level with the base of the neck and try it then work out for there until the groups tighten up.

Edit:- Oh yes have you tried some factory through it to see if it groups better?

Quote Originally Posted by Brithunter View Post
    Try a different powder.

Now I know the rifle is new but you had better pull it apart and check the bedding and the barrel channel. If your using a Bi-Pod try it off a front bag.

Also seat the bullets with the base of the bullet level with the base of the neck and try it then work out for there until the groups tighten up.

Edit:- Oh yes have you tried some factory through it to see if it groups better?

This was what I was working up to.

Nutty

i use vhit N160 117 seirra in my 25 06 and it gives cracking results ,i have some rl 19 ,but as yet just got a load worked up for the 30 06