Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 308 130 grain barnes ttsx

308 130 grain barnes ttsx

As title, With the impending lead free only to be used on FC leases by 2015, has anyone used 130gr ttsx on deer in their 308?

atb blue.

Quote Originally Posted by deer man View Post
    No, but i certainly would!

this man turned me onto barnes and i use nothing else now !

Discretion assured
    - call us anytime, free on 0800 689 0857

please visit our web site:
    http://uksha1 or find us on facebook
    Sponsored proudly by Pfanner, Blaser, Clark Forest.

If I had any calibre I would use the TTSX bullets I love them in my swede my mates use them in the .308 and 30-06 and have out performed every single bullet we have tried, I'm hoping as they become more popular the price will come down wishful thinking though hey, I'm not happy that the FC have banned lead because they have now set a precedent and others are bound to follow then its going to be lead shot then the **** is going to hit the fan so im against any ban on lead in any way shape or form but this FC ban won't hit me as it did when they banned it for wildfowling that's for sure......

Have some 130 grain TSX on order at the moment so will follow this with interest

Outstanding bullet for terminal performance and accuracy, minimal meat damage, and you can consider the 130 gn will perform to the next weight up, i.e. 150gn knockdown capability. I've used them thee times in Africa in my 7x57 and twice in my 270, the P.H.s loved them and also switched over from thier favourite premiun bullets. They drill through bone and tough frames and tend to exit, except on a large Blue wilderbeast they were just under the skin on the far side. Only downside is they don't tend to break up on trees, tend to go through smallish ones and bounce around more!! still better than my old favourite partitions though.deerwarden

Barnes TTSX

Just looked at the Barnes video on you tube and they keep making reference to the massive internal damage this round causes on pass through. In the experience of those using them, does this equate to massive meat damage.

Deerless.

Minimum meat damage with TSX.

Quote Originally Posted by deer man View Post
    Minimum meat damage with TSX.
    Yeah I've found it minimal to but very impressive knockdown power for the weight of bullet you can certainly see where the sharp petals have cut the lung and heart tissue very effective indeed.....

i use 140gn tsx in my 270 and average chest shot wastage on a roe is 4oz of usable meat !

Discretion assured
    - call us anytime, free on 0800 689 0857

please visit our web site:
    http://uksha1 or find us on facebook
    Sponsored proudly by Pfanner, Blaser, Clark Forest.