Thread: A new range of Shooting SHED 'Scope Alignment Systems'

A new range of Shooting SHED 'Scope Alignment Systems'

I have updated my 'Scope Alignment Systems' for 2013.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Wedges.jpg 
Views:	36 
Size:	537.6 KB 
ID:	24757

Here are a couple of sets of the 6,0mm to 11,5mm systems

Machined from 6082 T6 aluminium hard black anodised and finished with the Shooting SHED logo laser etched both sides. At long last you can take the guess work out of setting your scope parallel to the scope rail with this easy gauging tool which enables rapid setup in seconds.

Simply slacken the screws off slightly so the tube can rotate in the rings with some resistance, slide the wedges into place with finger and thumb and squeeze them whilst rocking the tube, once the tube stops rocking nip the screws up very slightly, remove the wedges and torque the rings down, check once more by pushing the wedges back in and hold them up to the light. These will maintain parallel to better than 0,01mm (Half a thou!) across the range and I cannot think of a more accurate means of setting your 'scope parallel to your rail.

Gap range 6mm-11,5mm, this levelling system will work with all flat based rifle scopes including Nightforce that are bolted to a common rail, the system will work with flat bottomed scopes over a round receiver as long as the top of the receiver goes over centre. It will not work with open top receivers.

Price GBP44.95 for two matching wedges inclusive of postage to the UK.

SHED Scope Alignment System (Medium) 6mm-11,5mm, Shooting SHED
    /d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Journal: http://shootingshed.co.uk/wp/

I must be being thick
    can you explain what these do and how you are using them please

This should explain a bit more clearly, these are some extra deep wedges being used to align a Leupold 'scope to an A.R.M.S rail. As the wedges slide in and out they maintain parallel which means you can use them to perfectly align a scope to the base without having to resort to spirit levels or weights and bits of string or feeler gauges. I use a set to align new scopes to rifles and can complete the job in seconds and know that the scope is perfectly aligned.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	wedge_leupold.jpg 
Views:	61 
Size:	70.4 KB 
ID:	24782
    /d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Journal: http://shootingshed.co.uk/wp/