Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: How much dhould I be paying for dsc 2 stalk

How much dhould I be paying for dsc 2 stalk

Guys, apologies if this is a frequent question!
    How much should I be pay for a dsc 2 witnessed stalk?
    Also if any of you guys are available to help please feel free to pm me details! I live and work between Bristol and New Galloway so either of these areas would be ideal!

thanks
    Jack

Last time I went was 85 (outing fee) plus something to cover the admin, 35 would not be far off but I think these things are very much a case by case basis

lots of AW won't charge extra, but you will need to cover the outing fee. Some do some don't. It varies quite a bit i think.

Regards

shop about and speak to as many aw's as you can...

We charge for the stalk, normally a cull to keep costs down, and I charge 30.00 to fill in the paper work whether it be 1 or 3 animals .
    STALKING. WILD BOAR IN FRANCE. SOLE UK AGENT FOR BACONNES DOMAINE DE CHASSE. TRAINING. DSC 1 COURSES AND DSC 2 WITNESSING. FIRST AID FOR STALKERS.
    Follow us on Facebook and Twitter.
    www.stalkinginengland.co.uk Stalkers online shop at www.deerstalkingequipmentandclothing.co.uk
    www.hunteurope.co.uk or contact 01728 745066 during office hours.

I spoke to five AW's before I started the DSC2 assessments. Typically their charge was 40-50 for the outing including any paperwork, but any venison would become theirs to sell - however you could buy it off them at wholesale prices. Just be aware that some AW's may charge you a trophy fee in addition to those charges - this is where it can add up. I recommend you clearly tell your AW in advance you're not after trophies, just cull animals.

Just be aware that on average candidates require five stalks to complete one ICR. So 15x50 is.....a lot of money (My calculator blew u working this out
    You may be better off booking a Professional Hunter and AW with very good land for a full day - the rate for that would be around 240-250, if you're lucky you get 4-6 Stalks in on that day and complete two of the required three ICR's.

Quite a few candidates manage to complete three ICR's in one day with the same AW, and good for them. My personal view is that your Portfolio will look stronger if you use two or even three different AW's.
    Last edited by Erik Hamburger; 13-02-2013 at 22:41. Reason: additional info added

Jack,
    PM me for details.
    Thanks
    Brian

I charge on top of the usual 40 for witnessing and all what follows but only when an animal is grassed.
    I have done 15 papers this year alone and have about another 10 dsc2 stalks booked in for this and next month so my price cannot be far out.
    Last doe season I wrote about 40 stalks up and 5 during the bucks.
    I rarley have any problems with any paperwork issues or clients questioned more then usual.
    My fee means you are getting experienced write ups and questions to answer.
    Worth it for peace of mind.

Quote Originally Posted by marshall4323 View Post
    Guys, apologies if this is a frequent question!
    How much should I be pay for a dsc 2 witnessed stalk?
    Also if any of you guys are available to help please feel free to pm me details! I live and work between Bristol and New Galloway so either of these areas would be ideal!

thanks
    Jack
    Summed up in one word "Nothing" .

no one pays for an AW certificate, no one can guarantee you anything other than a walk.

i read stig's post 85.00 plus 35.00 total 120.00 then the sell the carcass another 40.00 we're now talking bloody good money for what !!

This requires to be standardized to stop the normal working guy being ripped off big time . 90 % of working people are not picking up 160.00 or or close to it per day .

Expenses for fuel etc is all that is required in my opinion .

Quote Originally Posted by widows son View Post
    Summed up in one word "Nothing" .

no one pays for an AW certificate, no one can guarantee you anything other than a walk.

i read stig's post 85.00 plus 35.00 total 120.00 then the sell the carcass another 40.00 we're now talking bloody good money for what !!

This requires to be standardized to stop the normal working guy being ripped off big time . 90 % of working people are not picking up 160.00 or or close to it per day .

Expenses for fuel etc is all that is required in my opinion .
    Yes, its just the same with those robbing car mechanics/plumbers/dentists/sparkys/solicitors, after all, they've only had to gain ten years or so experience, buy a van, rent a workshop, get a load of qualifications, buy tools, build a reputation, do a tax return etc etc. Money for nothing really.

Maybe next time I want the services of a professional in some field or other I'll ask if he'll just pop round to my place and do the job for nothing other than a drink for his fuel, who knows, maybe i'll be lucky?