buying a second hand 3006 rifle

swatty

as in title im in the market for a 3006 and have come across a tikkat3 hunter advertised on guntrader, after exchanging emails im non the wiser round count condition of the bore etc all i know is its screw cut half inch unf which is not out of the factory as i believe tikka thread 14 so as its the right price and what im after is it worth taking a punt what would be anyones concerns etc thanks in advance. from the pictures it shows bush marks from the mod and the saftey catch looks like its bright and shiny possibly a sign of lots of use as is the bolt

as in title im in the market for a 3006 and have come across a tikkat3 hunter advertised on guntrader, after exchanging emails im non the wiser round count condition of the bore etc all i know is its screw cut half inch unf which is not out of the factory as i believe tikka thread 14 so as its the right price and what im after is it worth taking a punt what would be anyones concerns etc thanks in advance. from the pictures it shows bush marks from the mod and the saftey catch looks like its bright and shiny possibly a sign of lots of use as is the bolt

Seems like you answered your own question,dont rush in,buy once,its cheaper in the long run........

I take it's the one in Yorkshire?
Not being funny but that price isn't far off a new one.

I'll drop you a PM with a contact I use a lot, wouldn't want to breach any advertising rules.

Well, there aren't many listed on Guntrader, in fact, just one that I can see. At that price, it's a long way from a bargain. There's a Parker-Hale 1200 in .30-06 for £250 and you can test fire at the dealer's range or for £20 he'll send to a potential buyer on approval. With that kind of offer, I don't see how you could go wrong. If you don't like it, you send it back. -JMS

If it's the one that I can see listed I agree with what's been said already, no bargain far from it.

I take it's the one in Yorkshire?
Not being funny but that price isn't far off a new one.

I'll drop you a PM with a contact I use a lot, wouldn't want to breach any advertising rules.

I can't follow this......... is everyone looking at the same prospect?

The price on both the W.Yorks rifles equates to new because they are new. Neither is a T3 Hunter.

The price on the only used T3 Varmint isn't too bad with a mod included, but it's no lightweight. If you're set on a T3 it makes sense to buy it in a long .30-06 action.

http://www.guntrader.co.uk/Guns-For-Sale/results.php?&Filter[NewType][]=Rifle&Filter[NewMechanism][]=Bolt%20Action&Filter[Calibre][]=.30-06&Filter[Condition][]=New&Filter[Condition][]=S%2FH&Filter[Make][]=Tikka

Last edited:

Maybe put a link to the one would be easier,

I confess that I was looking at the wrong rifle or perhaps the details have changed. :oops:

I appreciate what you say Sinistral about southpaws having to pay more for new rifles but usually second hand left handed rifles are lower in price as they are considered more difficult to shift.

Back