Thread: Dissension in the Ranks RSPCA/SSPCA???

Dissension in the Ranks RSPCA/SSPCA???

Lengthy advert heard on Radio Borders the other day on behalf of the SSPCA.

It went along the lines of taking great effort to highlight that they were a completely separate organisation to the RSPCA....in no way connected....nothing to do with the RSPCA who operate south of the border....and that their role is one of rescuing and re-homing animals (no other remit mentioned)!!!

I cannot remember the last time I heard a promotion on radio for these organisations but some coincidence how it has appeared on the back of the stories about the last fiasco costing hundreds of thousands of pounds.

Don't know if anyone else heard it but it was almost laughable at the slow and deliberate way it was presented in an effort for it to hopefully sink in that they were in no way connected!!!

Quote Originally Posted by jamross65 View Post

It went along the lines of taking great effort to highlight that they were a completely separate organisation to the RSPCA....in no way connected....nothing to do with the RSPCA who operate south of the border....and that their role is one of rescuing and re-homing animals (no other remit mentioned)!!!

I cannot remember the last time I heard a promotion on radio for these organisations but some coincidence how it has appeared on the back of the stories about the last fiasco costing hundreds of thousands of pounds.

Don't know if anyone else heard it but it was almost laughable at the slow and deliberate way it was presented in an effort for it to hopefully sink in that they were in no way connected!!!
    I read it somewhere also ,looks like they want to distance themselves from the RSPCA about time some of the organisations made a stand against them maybe it may make them think twice about stupid prosecutions wasting money that could be better spent elsewhere.....

I always thought the SSPCA were as bad/worse than the RSPCA when it comes to emotive fund raising/political activism

I heard it Jamragg. I'm with Saddler. They're as bad as each other.

Account Suspended
    Quote Originally Posted by jamross65 View Post

There would perhaps be some righteous satisfaction in imagining there was more to it, I agree, but it's probably just a belated retaliation from the SSPCA to the RSPCA's over-the-border poaching/fund raising campaign of the last couple of years that saw a lot of Scots donors' contributions heading south under what was felt at the time to be somewhat misleading pretext.

SSPCA have always had the full run of Scotland and RSPCA have stayed south of the border especially with fund raising.
    with money in short supply, I,m not surprised they are starting to get restless and SSPcA will be keen to distance themselves , hat with enquiries etc

SSPCA can be just as bad,

Although location might be a factor in how you get on with them. Urban centres are as you would expect, manned by numpties with no clue of what goes on outside the city limits, but then head down to ,say, the centre at Gordon near Kelso, and they are a completely different kettle of fish altogether,, sensible, to the extent that I have even obtained working ferrets from them, went for one, came home with three, and they were delighted that they would be working. Unlike the Currie centre, who`m the SGA had to threaten with a lawyer to get my Hob back,,****s.

Aye,its on the local radio here quite a lot the now.My first thought was exactly the same as yours,and it does seem its a deliberate attemp to distance them from the RSPCA,especially the way they word it on the ad.

The only differance i can see is one letter ,the only reason the sspca wont now do what the rspca did is because they see it as a money loser, if the general public had seen the court case in a favourable light & donations had gone up,which i belive was the the reason for it, the sspca along with every other anti group would all be on the band wagon.As it was the rspca shot a mighty hole in its own foot , the hundreds of thousands that the rspca gambled has cost i would think millions in lost donations .That is why the sspca wants to distance itself ,to limit its own loses. They would do much better to stick to there original remit ...my pennys worth..