Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Best practice guide

Best practice guide

Just got home from work there the now to find the best practice guide waiting on me. Had a quick look through it and its a great folder packed full of information!!! Amazing quality and for 15 it must be one of the best buys out there for novice and seasoned stalker alike. Just going to have a good look through it just now but after a quick glance I'm thoroughly impressed, don't know why I didn't get this before

I've been a member for a few years mate well worth every penny.

Kevin

Quote Originally Posted by Bigboab29 View Post
    Just got home from work there the now to find the best practice guide waiting on me. Had a quick look through it and its a great folder packed full of information!!! Amazing quality and for 15 it must be one of the best buys out there for novice and seasoned stalker alike. Just going to have a good look through it just now but after a quick glance I'm thoroughly impressed, don't know why I didn't get this before
    Is this hard copy of the guides that you can download? how do I order a copy?

Cheers,

Martin

Quote Originally Posted by defender View Post
    Is this hard copy of the guides that you can download? how do I order a copy?

Cheers,

Martin
    Phone Mike Cottam at SNH Inverness he will tell you where to send your cash .

BDS sell it? Not sure of position South of the Border, but ( for the moment ) SNH administer in Scotland and google Deer Best Practise will take you to the webpage. They are on line or you can subscribe and receive a binder of information that in most other industries would be 300+. So arguable points - when has it ever been other - but generally very useful and easy reading.

It's a great resource and I would urge people to see the thread on here regards changes to the system and in particular Mike's role.

We've put letters into SNH and our SMP - and responded to the stock replies given!
    Stalking, Courses, Gear - Moray Outfiiting Website here - Welcome
    BASC Approved Trainer & Assessor. Cairngorm National Park Authority Approved Supplier. Supported by Sauer Arms
    See you at the Stalking Fair, Scone & Moy 2017

Quote Originally Posted by Moray Outfitting View Post
    BDS sell it? Not sure of position South of the Border, but ( for the moment ) SNH administer in Scotland and google Deer Best Practise will take you to the webpage. They are on line or you can subscribe and receive a binder of information that in most other industries would be 300+. So arguable points - when has it ever been other - but generally very useful and easy reading.

It's a great resource and I would urge people to see the thread on here regards changes to the system and in particular Mike's role.

We've put letters into SNH and our SMP - and responded to the stock replies given!
    the poster lives in Southampton, why would he want the Scottish version? More likely he would want the English version although his stalking may only be in Scotland.

As far as I am aware there is two "best practice guides". SNH produces one in Scotland and the Deer Initiative does one for down here. I have the deer initiative versiin and it is a useful reference.

DM - original post was Glasgow based and I hadn't clicked you were responding to subsequent post
    Stalking, Courses, Gear - Moray Outfiiting Website here - Welcome
    BASC Approved Trainer & Assessor. Cairngorm National Park Authority Approved Supplier. Supported by Sauer Arms
    See you at the Stalking Fair, Scone & Moy 2017

Quote Originally Posted by PointBlank View Post
    As far as I am aware there is two "best practice guides". SNH produces one in Scotland and the Deer Initiative does one for down here. I have the deer initiative versiin and it is a useful reference.
    That's my understanding also. One difference is that the Scottish version offers a subscription service, whereby you get updates when available. Unfortunately the DI version (available from BDS) doesn't offer this.

Andrew