The biggest numpty yet

Acm

So we let this guy do a spot of pigeon shooting for us today , he had about 3 shots despite there being over 200 birds about on the clover .
He came into the farm and this is how the conversation went ....
Numpty: alright mate , got any foxes about ?

" yes a few but I take care of them myself with a mate as and when we can get out "

" you want to let me out on them with my tool !"

"Do I ? Why's that ? "

" I've got this new calibre - the .22-250 it's the best you can get for it "

" oh yes I've heard of them "

" best calibre out there , I've taken everything from foxes to moose with it "

"really ? Have you shot many deer with it in this country ?"

"Hundreds mate , they don't know what's hit them , I use a meopta red dot scope - they're the best you can get , they make all the optics for the big brands ! ! And a sako rifle "

" surely that's breaking the law ? Shooting them in this country with that calibre ?"

To which this fool replied "no mate I have an open ticket , and I'm aloud to shoot deer in urban populations with it because there's no risk of ricochet !!!!!"

At this point I realised I could really have some fun with this one ! So I asked him if he had anything bigger

to which he replied " ive got a .338 lapua as well but I don't like folks to know if I'm honest - I'm not supposed to use it on foxes !!!!"

having had my fun I made my excuses and went back to work . But seriously what an old fool .
ifyour on this site , I hope you read this !

So we let this guy do a spot of pigeon shooting for us today , he had about 3 shots despite there being over 200 birds about on the clover .
He came into the farm and this is how the conversation went ....
Numpty: alright mate , got any foxes about ?

" yes a few but I take care of them myself with a mate as and when we can get out "

" you want to let me out on them with my tool !"

"Do I ? Why's that ? "

" I've got this new calibre - the .22-250 it's the best you can get for it "

" oh yes I've heard of them "

" best calibre out there , I've taken everything from foxes to moose with it "

"really ? Have you shot many deer with it in this country ?"

"Hundreds mate , they don't know what's hit them , I use a meopta red dot scope - they're the best you can get , they make all the optics for the big brands ! ! And a sako rifle "

" surely that's breaking the law ? Shooting them in this country with that calibre ?"

To which this fool replied "no mate I have an open ticket , and I'm aloud to shoot deer in urban populations with it because there's no risk of ricochet !!!!!"

At this point I realised I could really have some fun with this one ! So I asked him if he had anything bigger

to which he replied " ive got a .338 lapua as well but I don't like folks to know if I'm honest - I'm not supposed to use it on foxes !!!!"

having had my fun I made my excuses and went back to work . But seriously what an old fool .
ifyour on this site , I hope you read this !

:rofl:

Legal or not legal I would back the 22-250 as one of the rifles that kills the most deer in this country.

But that guy is just a plank.

Legal or not legal I would back the 22-250 as one of the rifles that kills the most deer in this country.

But that guy is just a plank.

i use to have a .22-250 buddy and I agree - a great calibre . Hardly moose suitable though ! Ha ha ha

Hardly the kind of person to own a firearm, mind you there are a lot of B///////ters out there. You should have told him that you had a double 600 nitro express in the house and used it on big black cats that stalk the sussex countryside!! :lol: he would have probably believed you Andy.

May I suggest your pre-engagement enquiry procedure is in need of serious review!

Cheers

Klench
Ps: Should have asked him if he had DSCL3.

klench , I don't have a per engagement enquiry procedure .
It goes like this - If I like you and you do a good job , your more than welcome to return .
If I don't you - you don't !

Hardly the kind of person to own a firearm, mind you there are a lot of B///////ters out there. You should have told him that you had a double 600 nitro express in the house and used it on big black cats that stalk the sussex countryside!! :lol: he would have probably believed you Andy.

+1 on that makes you wonder how they get there ticket
alb Lee

The next best round for moose after the .22.250 is i've found the spud gun , deadly in the right hands ,what this guy could do with this bit of kit god only knows...!:rofl: ............+1more with lee243

Last edited:
Back way back when, well beore the Deer Acts in fact, 220 Swift was promoted as a deer calibre. You'll in fact see it in "Notes From The Hill" in old Guns Review magazines of the (early) 1960s.

klench , I don't have a per engagement enquiry procedure .
It goes like this - If I like you and you do a good job , your more than welcome to return .
If I don't you - you don't !

Did he make it back to finish off any vermin?

Back