Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Listening / monitoring device for dog kennel

Listening / monitoring device for dog kennel

We are thinking of relocating the dog from the utility room to a secure outbuilding which is about 30 yards from the house.

Any suggestions please for some sort of monitoring device that will function over that distance so I can hear if she is not happy or unwell? There is power in the outbuilding so what about some sort of webcam (do they have sound?) or is some sort on baby alarm ok?

Grateful for some advice please.
    Handle every stressful situation like a dog. If you can't eat it, hump it or learn from it then piss on it and walk away.

"HOSPITALITY" - the art of making guests feel at home (when you wish they were).

Get down to maplins for a cheap CCTV set up chap
    cheers doug

Baby monitor would do that quite well i would think
    a barony original

+1 on baby monitor.

A few years back I set up a cctv system in our kennels. It was bought new from ebay to keep an eye on a bitch due to have pups which was about 20 yds from my house

It wasn't expensive and very easy to install. I would go down the cctv road especially if you want vision as most of the baby monitors I looked at could only provide sound.

Many thanks for all replies - but I only need sound so a baby monitor will do just great.

Thanks again.

Iain
    Handle every stressful situation like a dog. If you can't eat it, hump it or learn from it then piss on it and walk away.

"HOSPITALITY" - the art of making guests feel at home (when you wish they were).

Quote Originally Posted by Eyefor View Post
    We are thinking of relocating the dog from the utility room to a secure outbuilding which is about 30 yards from the house.

Any suggestions please for some sort of monitoring device that will function over that distance so I can hear if she is not happy or unwell? There is power in the outbuilding so what about some sort of webcam (do they have sound?) or is some sort on baby alarm ok?

Grateful for some advice please.

Swann CCTV cheap cheerful system I fitted one at the house 4 cameras in 20 mins come with plenty of cable and simple set up ,plug and play ,which can even be used through a mobile Internet if your at work or away, I paid 240.00 for it good value colour cameras with IR and movement detectors .

Hi WS

Just had a look at the Swann web site - looks quite good. Which model did you get?

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewS View Post
    Hi WS

Just had a look at the Swann web site - looks quite good. Which model did you get?
    H264, 4 cams & monitor etc