Thread: Territorial foxys

Territorial foxys

Any one any ideas about how territorial foxys are,reason im asking is ive shot 14 in the 1 field over 3 trips.

Foxes certainly are territorial, but I suspect these territories overlap more than people think. It's very difficult to really know what goes on as foxes have quite large extended families and these family members will be tolerated. Clearly in most instances we can't identify family members unless there are definite colour patterns.
    As is always mentioned if you take out one fox another will move in once the scent markings weaken.
    Like most things concerning the fox, much is said but absolutely proving it is far more difficult!

Quote Originally Posted by old keeper View Post
    Foxes certainly are territorial, but I suspect these territories overlap more than people think. It's very difficult to really know what goes on as foxes have quite large extended families and these family members will be tolerated. Clearly in most instances we can't identify family members unless there are definite colour patterns.
    As is always mentioned if you take out one fox another will move in once the scent markings weaken.
    Like most things concerning the fox, much is said but absolutely proving it is far more difficult!
    +1

I would say that if the trips were close together that you have someone dumping foxes,were any of the foxes scarred in a way that would suggest they had been operated on?

Martin

just keep going until theres none left in your area , 30 odd years ive been doing it , aint got the last one yet

North Eastern Victoria Australia Mitta Mitta Sambar country.
    Deer Dog Available
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble View Post
    just keep going until theres none left in your area , 30 odd years ive been doing it , aint got the last one yet
    This bloke is doing his best as well.

Pennsylvania Fox Trapping at It's Best - Georgia Outdoor News Forum
    "you nae be needing these no more"
    I said as I slipped the knife through the cord

সাম্বার হরিণ

I am the same, I have two farms together, only a couple of hundred acres but everytime I go I will see a fox, I dont always get a shot because of distance/safety etc but I have taken a few from this area. There used to be a couple of chicken battery barns on one of the farms many years ago and by the looks of it the foxes have stayed on.

Quote Originally Posted by johngryphon View Post
    what a sight,just as well guys like that are about

They will have several dens, you could happliy have a few vixens overlapping and attact a number of dogs especially this time of year.
    Once you shoot out the resident ones the area will quickly be taken over by new ones.

I shoot most of my foxes on one fairway of one golf course.
    I have taken over 40 within 20yds of each other in the last 5 months

I would suspect dumping. Might see a couple together this time of the year but not that number. If not what wonder food source is present on the field?

D